11/29/2023 7:00pm EST LA Lakers at Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

• Tigeraholic1 changed the title to 11/29/2023 7:00pm EST LA Lakers at Detroit Pistons

i'm watching the celtics blow out the bulls with a bunch of bench dudes raining threes down amd remembering that troy weaver surrounded cade with marvin bagley and james wiseman instead of people who could space the floor.

btw, is weaver's initial draft class a complete disaster?  killian cant shoot and maxes out as a backup point guard.  bey was traded for the worst player in the nba.  stewart is a backup front court player who is too short to play 5 and too immobile and shot averse to play 4.

and we still might be paying for dewayne dedmon.

21 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Holy hell. Just looked it up. Not only are we paying Dedmon this year, but next year as well.

and for WHAT?  so we could have space to sign mason plumlee and then have to give up a second round pick to trade him the next year?

amazingly terrible use of assets.

In a vacuum picking Stewart where they did wasn't a terrible pick, but the fact that they traded a future first for that right made it not so good.  Same with Bey, if we were to just be picking 19th you could do a lot worse than picking him but to trade an asset to get that pick and then in turn trade him just 2 seasons later makes it a bad pick. 

The Killian pick on the other hand was a complete disaster but I will say in Weaver's defense(I hate defending him) that whole draft process was pretty messed up that year due to COVID, not to mention we got screwed by the season ending early cause we were well on our way to a bottom 3 record if the season played out. Of course given Weaver's love for Wiseman we probably just would've taken him with the 1st pick if we ended up with that anyway.

I still have a lot of faith in Cade. I see potential in Ivey and Thompson.  I would move Duren to try and shake things up a bit. 

He isn't bad and did nothing wrong. He just plays the least valuable position. If you can get someone who can shoot then you make the trade. Of course, finding some to trade you shooting for a big might be almost impossible.

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I still have a lot of faith in Cade. I see potential in Ivey and Thompson.  I would move Duren to try and shake things up a bit. 

He isn't bad and did nothing wrong. He just plays the least valuable position. If you can get someone who can shoot then you make the trade. Of course, finding some to trade you shooting for a big might be almost impossible.

Thompson, Duren and Cade are the only reason I turn on the game anymore. Ivey looks lost on both ends of the court. 

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

that cant be right.  not even weaver is that dumb.  more importantly, OTHER GMS arent that dumb.

any gm worth his salt would have offered a bunch of second round picks and a 6'11 project center who cant shoot if they really wanted to entice weaver.