NBA Info - December 2023

Deleterious

4 hours ago, buddha said:

they have a below 500 winning percentage as a franchise.

i think we remember the "going to work" pistons because we are pistons fans but not many others do.  the title over the lakers is seen as a fluke before you give way to the spurs, wade and lebron.

that team is remembered nationally for the malice in the palace and little else.

they had a couple good teams in the 70s with lanier and bing, but never made the finals or even really got close.  prior

to lanier they were god awful except for george yardley.  following bing they were horrific up through isiah.

they have one iconic player: isiah thomas (who is probably overrated) and one iconic team (the bad boys because they were the team that jordan had to "overcome" to be great).

we'll just agree to disagree.  but a good discussion!  🙂

Actually, Isiah Thomas is underrated because the stat nerds like to use solely spreadsheets to determine how good a player is. I'll take that guy in a big game against just about anybody in history but I digress.

Speak about not caring, do many people even care about the NBA before the merger? There were some classic players back then but the NBA didn't really become what we know it as today until Bird/Magic graced the league.

If we want to talk team success over the decades, what have the Bulls done outside of the MJ era? The Sixers have had a lot of bad teams over the years but also a lot of great players so it depends on criteria. 

Anyway, yes we can agree to disagree but also agree that Gores ruined the franchise.