#19 Michigan at #80 Penn State University in a game sure to start at Noonish on ABC

romad1

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

just checking in to see how miserable everyone is rooting for a 9-1 team.

I think McNamara is proving to be a lot better than people are giving him credit for. I wish they would let him do a little more. There were two throws in the one series that were bad misses today but I'm going to bet his receivers had gone the wrong way both times.

Funny thing is that since OSU will likely beat MSU, UM will still have 'their fate in their hands' on the 27th - for how much good that will do them! :classic_laugh:

51 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Oklahoma lost so that puts them behind UM now.  How about this scenario, what if both UM and MSU win out in the regular season but MSU loses in the B1G Title game. Would a 1 loss Michigan team be worthy of making the CFP despite not even winning their division outright and if so how epic would the Valenti meltdown be?  

I think that’s probably the least likely of any scenario, particularly given the beating Ohio State is currently putting on Purdue.

But that would likely lead the committee to need to choose between a one-loss Michigan or a two-loss Bama (with Georgia and Oregon at 1 and 2 and Cincinnati at 4), and I have absolutely zero faith in their ability to not put Alabama in the playoff.

21 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think that’s probably the least likely of any scenario, particularly given the beating Ohio State is currently putting on Purdue.

But that would likely lead the committee to need to choose between a one-loss Michigan or a two-loss Bama (with Georgia and Oregon at 1 and 2 and Cincinnati at 4), and I have absolutely zero faith in their ability to not put Alabama in the playoff.

I can't see any scenario where they let Cincinnati in.     It's not about fairness, it's about money and this whole thing is controlled by the big boys and Cincinnati won't be in the big boy club for a couple of years when they join the Big 12. 

Ohio State put up 45 on Purdue in the first half. If Purdue beat Michigan State, who beat Michigan, allows Ohio State to put 45 up on them in one half of football, that means Harbaugh is going to allow them to put up 80, if you connect all the dots haha. It could be 80-0 by the end of the first half against Harbaugh and Michigan.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

32 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:
32 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I can't see any scenario where they let Cincinnati in.     It's not about fairness, it's about money and this whole thing is controlled by the big boys and Cincinnati won't be in the big boy club for a couple of years when they join the Big 12. 

I think if they put in a two-loss Alabama over an undefeated Cincinnati they will basically be announcing this over a loud speaker. I don’t think they want to allow them in, but I think they would if their hand was forced. 

They’d lose by 30 to Georgia anyway, so it’d be an example the committee could use for the next decade in not letting the next Cincy in.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think USC will go with Matt Campbell, LSU goes with Jimbo Fisher,  Luke stays with Cincinnati and Texas A&M hires Joe Brady.  

jumbo just got a fat extension, he's going nowhere.

mel tucker would jump at the chance to go to lsu.  matt campbell isnt right for usc.  

with florida being a potential job opening too, and maybe washington, fickell would be downright dumb to stay at cincy.

12 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I think Harbaugh is a more viable candidate for USC right now.   

LOL - Hard to see how anyone could have watched MI over Harbaugh's tenure and still be excited about him for an open position.  It might be next yr, or it might be 10 yrs, but I think he's done coaching after Michigan.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Oklahoma lost so that puts them behind UM now.  How about this scenario, what if both UM and MSU win out in the regular season but MSU loses in the B1G Title game. Would a 1 loss Michigan team be worthy of making the CFP despite not even winning their division outright and if so how epic would the Valenti meltdown be?  

Under that (unlikely) scenario, Michigan would be no worse than #3 in the committee rankings and absolutely worthy. Home win over Ohio St, road wins over Wisconsin and Penn St, only loss being by 4 points on road to top 10 MSU.  That resume can’t be beat by Big 12, by Oregon, by Cincy, by Notre Dame. 

Edited by lordstanley

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - Hard to see how anyone could have watched MI over Harbaugh's tenure and still be excited about him for an open position.  It might be next yr, or it might be 10 yrs, but I think he's done coaching after Michigan.

harbaugh would have a job in the pros in one or two years tops.  very quickly.

9 hours ago, buddha said:

jumbo just got a fat extension, he's going nowhere.

the Fisher deal is insanity. A&M has met the Al Avila definition of sotted sea dog. I can imagine people in the finance offices at A&M silently praying everyday someone does make him an offer that he accepts and gets them out from under an almost 9 figure liability....

Edited by gehringer_2