#19 Michigan at #80 Penn State University in a game sure to start at Noonish on ABC

romad1

Sorry folks, no Joel Klaat or Gus Johnson in this game, which features a struggling Michigan squad revved up to take its mediocre football team into Happy Valley to prove to its fans that life is nothing but an exercise in futility. 

The Buddha taught there are three kinds of dukkha (a form of words for suffering). The first kind is physical and mental pain from the inevitable stresses of life like old age, sickness, and death. The second is the distress we feel as a result of impermanence and change, such as the pain of failing to get what we want and of losing what we hold dear. The third kind of dukkha is a kind of existential suffering, the angst of being human, of living a conditioned existence and being subject to rebirth. 

On Saturday, Michigan's fans shall know all three.

A note about the rankings:  USNEWS changed it from #17 a couple weeks ago...what could possibly have shifted it 2 positions? 

I looked to see where Penn State is considered elite.  These are its best ratings per the jokers at USNEWS:

#26 in Arts and Humanities

#28 in Materials Science (glad my son doesn't know this...he might want to do this field of study and I'd hate for him to go to PSU)

#26 in Plant and Animal Science (agriculture I'm guessing)

#33 in Space Science (really?)

#1 in sending annoying people to work in Washington, DC.

Edited by romad1

Not that the AP poll really matters at this point but I had to chuckle at Notre Dame moving up 4 spots today and passing both Michigan and MSU.  Notre Dame struggled until the 4th quarter against a 2 win team Navy team, Cincy the team that beat them has struggled against garbage teams for weeks including yesterday but damn it that is still good enough for the writers to move them up.  

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not that the AP poll really matters at this point but I had to chuckle at Notre Dame moving up 4 spots today and passing both Michigan and MSU.  Notre Dame struggled until the 4th quarter against a 2 win team Navy team, Cincy the team that beat them has struggled against garbage teams for weeks including yesterday but damn it that is still good enough for the writers to move them up.  

Come on, It's Notre Dame,  why do you think they moved up?   I'd be shocked if they leapfrogged either in the Playoff poll.  In fact, keeping Notre Dame lower gives them more of an excuse to keep Cincy out of it

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

They are moving the football with ease now against Harbaugh's defense and getting chunk plays. Harbaugh's teams can't adjust to up tempo offenses.

I wouldn't even run up tempo against them all the time - you can just keep it in your hip pocket because if you just spring a quick play on them occasionally you will catch them almost every time.

Edited by gehringer_2

Oklahoma lost so that puts them behind UM now.  How about this scenario, what if both UM and MSU win out in the regular season but MSU loses in the B1G Title game. Would a 1 loss Michigan team be worthy of making the CFP despite not even winning their division outright and if so how epic would the Valenti meltdown be?