Utah Jazz are trading Simone Fonteccio to the Pistons for a 2024 2nd round pick

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Also I will add that I guess ultimately it is your job to find the best player regardless of the situation I think he does deserve atleast some what of a pass due to the nature of that 2020 draft and everything that was going on in the world. With the short seasons and IIRC combine and other pre draft things being limited it did make things tougher to scout and prepare for in that draft. OTOH because of that it probably wasn't the best draft to trade up twice like he did because of those reasons. 

Also to add to this at the time that draft was viewed much in the same regard as this coming one, one of the worst ones in recent history with really no definitive superstars. Multiple outlets actually had Killian as one of the rare ones that could potentially get there even if it was noted that he was a risk. Again though ultimately it's your job to pick the right guys regardless of situations but I think all things considered I do think there is atleast some explanation or excuse for drafting Killian. I think it's much less egregious than Stan taking Stanley Johnson with Winslow and Booker still on the board. 

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Which assets were wasted?

Well, nobody gave me a chance, they’re pretty much already listed.  😆  But to a couple of your other points:

I would consider drafting as asset management although you may be a little more ambivalent about it?  OK, not a big deal.

You mentioned the 2nds to get rid of guys.  We’ll agree the 2nds aren’t as valuable as 1sts (assuming the picks aren’t very end of 1st and very beginning of 2nd).  But I don’t think these are just throw away items.  Maybe I am misreading your valuation of 2nds or maybe we do disagree on their value, I don’t know.

27 minutes ago, casimir said:

Well, nobody gave me a chance, they’re pretty much already listed.  😆  But to a couple of your other points:

I would consider drafting as asset management although you may be a little more ambivalent about it?  OK, not a big deal.

You mentioned the 2nds to get rid of guys.  We’ll agree the 2nds aren’t as valuable as 1sts (assuming the picks aren’t very end of 1st and very beginning of 2nd).  But I don’t think these are just throw away items.  Maybe I am misreading your valuation of 2nds or maybe we do disagree on their value, I don’t know.

2nds are useless.  

Are there any stretch-4's at the top of the 2024 Draft?

I'd like one.

Puts Stew firmly on the bench as 6th man.

And if he can actually play defense and stretch the floor and do other nice things... Might really be a big boost for this team next season. Coupled with Cade-Ivey-Duren-Ausar-Sasser growing, and all these young hungry 3&D 20-somethings that Weaver just got... 

Maybe, just maybe, we could have some hope for next season...?

4 hours ago, buddha said:

bojan would have gotten a first last year.  everyone has said that.  dealing him AND  burks a year later for what they got is less than what they could have received last year.  that's bad asset mgmt...

The one thing on that:

I don't know if anyone else would think the same... But Weaver came out and said getting Grimes was the equivalent of a 1st rounder to them.

(PS: He was a 1st rounder, 1-25 by the Knicks in 2021...).

Edited by 1984Echoes

Dumping most of the vets means to all these new kids coming in:

"Get stops, and make your shots = more minutes".

Very simple message to everyone on the team.

Starter vs. bench shouldn't even matter. Come off the bench, get stops, make your shots, get more minutes. Competition will be fun to watch at least, for the rest of this season.