Utah Jazz are trading Simone Fonteccio to the Pistons for a 2024 2nd round pick

It’s got to be tough to be a young NBA player thinking you’re doing all the right things only to find out that Troy Weaver believes in you as a future star.      

Feel terrible for this kid

Edited by Hongbit
  • Haha 4

they traded kevin knox for an older, slightly better version of kevin knox.

and threw in a second round pick and another italian to boot.

seems like shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.  sure, the new chair has a more comfy cushion,  but youre still on a sinking boat.

they've traded bagley, livers, knox, a "prospect" and three second round picks for rhe corpse of danilo galinari, waiver fodder mike muscala, and a 28 year old italian shooter.

i wonder if theyre adding him because of his salary to put him in another deal?

how many more second round picks can we give up to get salary?

Edited by buddha

18 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It’s got to be tough to be a young NBA player thinking you’re doing all the right things only to find out that Troy Weaver believes in you as a future star.      

Feel terrible for this kid

if only we actually traded for a young nba player....

Fonteccio is actually a pretty good upgrade over Knox. Jazz fans are sad to see him go.

28 years old in his second year in the league, so it's not like he's 30+ on the downside of his career. He's shooting 39% from three and hustles on defense. It was a small, but solid move.

He should start at one of the forward spots - I say "should" because Monty still hasn't figured out that Stew is a bench big and since it took him 40 games to figure out that Killian shouldn't play 30+ minutes a night, I won't hold my breath.

I was reading on another board that Jazz fans really like him fwiw and apparently there were a lot of suitors so this could be a decent addition. Seems like a bit of an overpay to add a very high 2nd (just about a late 1st) in addition to Knox for him but this draft is trash anyway so why the hell not. Maybe they have something with this guy.

Looks like Morris is gone as well. To the TWolves for Milton, Brown Jr, and a 2nd.

Edit: Tigeraholic1 got it with a link.

Also, please don't tell me this means more Killian minutes now that Morris is gone.

Edited by Betrayer

And now Weaver gives Morris away for a bag of peanuts. Yeah you want to give Sasser minutes but they could have done that with Morris and in fact, Morris would have been the perfect vet for him to play off of. Just get rid of Killian if you want to clear up roster space, there....easy.

i'm surprised the great monte morris only went for a second round pick.  we were told for so long how amazing he was and how he was the lynchpin that held the team together and if he were only healthy they'd be so much better.

or was that isaiah livers?  i get them confused.