2/8/24 10PM EST Detroit Pistons @ Portland Trail Blazers

• Tigeraholic1 changed the title to 2/8/24 10PM EST Detroit Pistons @ Portland Trail Blazers
27 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Duren showing some things on offense.  But my lord that kid is terrible on defense.

What happened with him? Admittedly I'm not the best at scouting defense so maybe he has always been horrible but I felt like last year when I watched him he looked pretty good considering his age and experience level. I felt like he actually could potentially be one of the those guys that could stay on the floor if we ever made the playoffs but apparently that was completely off base on my part. 

20 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

What happened with him? Admittedly I'm not the best at scouting defense so maybe he has always been horrible but I felt like last year when I watched him he looked pretty good considering his age and experience level. I felt like he actually could potentially be one of the those guys that could stay on the floor if we ever made the playoffs but apparently that was completely off base on my part. 

Definitely some coaching/scheme problems.  Like Betrayer keeps saying, the drop coverage they run just sucks.  But he also looks scared to challenge people at the rim.  

This team is a lot of fun to watch right now, the fact that Killian was blocking Sasser for this long is a basketball crime. I'm really glad that Weaver traded B and B and brought in those younger more well rounded guys, looking forward to seeing how they fit in.

Ivey turning into Steph Curry from the deep the last few weeks has been an unexpected surprise. The bad news though is that he went 7-7 from deep yesterday but 1-16 from inside the arc. Oh well still averaged well over a point an attempt so I'll take that.