3/16/24 4:05PM EDT Tigers @ Pirates

6 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

It's also supposed to be on ESPN+.

I have the game on now...

except...

it's nothing but ESPN+ commercials. No game.

NOt sure if it's like this for MLB but I know for NHL it did that for me when I tried watching the Wings game they had on there cause I lived in the Detroit area. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

NOt sure if it's like this for MLB but I know for NHL it did that for me when I tried watching the Wings game they had on there cause I lived in the Detroit area. 

I should be in the New York area and outside the Philly area though...

Leonard with a triple and a homer thus far today raising his spring ops to over 1.100. Of course the question on him will be his defense and where he plays but sooner or later I think you have to give him some run at the big leagues just to see whats there, same with Malloy. Can't keep them in the minors forever hoping their glove gets better. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Leonard with a triple and a homer thus far today raising his spring ops to over 1.100. Of course the question on him will be his defense and where he plays but sooner or later I think you have to give him some run at the big leagues just to see whats there, same with Malloy. Can't keep them in the minors forever hoping their glove gets better. 

So what do you do with them?

Malloy seems the easier case to deal with.  He's not on the 40.  It sounds like 3B is off of the table.  The Detroit OF is crowded.  He starts off the season in Toledo's OF.  Maybe they consider giving him reps at 1B, but some what keeps him off of 3B might also keep him off of 1B as well.  Either way, it sounds like his glove is going to need more work wherever it goes.  Carpenter has improved himself with the glove, so maybe something similarly clicks with Malloy?  And with Canha on a one year deal, you could kind of make the case that Malloy backfills that spot on the 26/40 whenever once Canha leaves.

Leonard seems to be destined for Toledo to begin the season, too.  Look, let's be honest, Baez isn't going anywhere.  And with McKinstry and Urshela on the roster, they have other SS options for Baez off days/injury.  Keith has been named the starter at 2B.  Ibanez isn't doing anything to lose his roster spot.  Vierling can be used at 3B.  Kreidler probably has a bit of a leg up over Leonard in that he's defensively more versatile.  So the depth seems sufficient enough to where the Tigers can keep Leonard working on SS at Toledo if they think it can be improved enough to where he's a pretty solid utility player for 2025.  Keep in mind, Ibanez is kind of an older player for his MLB experience.  If he starts to slow down, he might be jettisoned sooner rather than later.