3/24/24 3:00PM Pelicans @ Pistons

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Someone did this on Twitter and I thought it was interesting.

Who thought on game #306 of the rebuild that their starting lineup would be Cunningham, Ivey, Wiseman, Brown Jr., and Evbuomwan.

Dude, its a restoration, not a rebuild.

the pistons need to win 5 games to avoid tying the franchise record for losses in a season.

by "srs" this is already the worst team in franchise history.  three of the worst 5 seasons have come under weaver.

the 16 win pistons did not have a first round pick the next year (the worst team by record but 3rd worst in srs).  how depressing would that be?  they still won 21 games the next year and got isiah thomas #2 in the 1981 draft.  they took kelly tripuka as well as isiah and won 39 games the next year.

under troy weaver the pistons have had 5 lottery picks and have gotten worse each season.  i'm not even mad.  that's such impressive futility its amazing.

the hinkie sixer won 19, 18, and 10 before the nba pulled the plug and forced them to fire hinkie and hire brian "burner phone" colangelo.  the pistons under weaver have won 20, 23, 17, and 12.  does the league just not care about the pistons?  is that why they make us live through this hell?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Can you imagine being a 19 win team then getting progressively WORSE the next 2 years? The suck is unprecedented. Sadly, this might not even be rock bottom. Just wait until they max injury prone Cade and throw the bag at Tobias this offseason. I wish I could throw a shoe at Gores.

30 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Can you imagine being a 19 win team then getting progressively WORSE the next 2 years? The suck is unprecedented. Sadly, this might not even be rock bottom. Just wait until they max injury prone Cade and throw the bag at Tobias this offseason. I wish I could throw a shoe at Gores.

he must be using win totals in a calendar year, because those are not the pistons season win totals.

still, either list is quite depressing.

29 minutes ago, buddha said:

he must be using win totals in a calendar year, because those are not the pistons season win totals.

I think those are supposed to be totals through 71 games for each season though he's off one in '23

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, buddha said:

You're right. Regardless, they've gone from 23 to 17 to 12 which isn't reaching 17. At this rate, they'll win 2 by '25-'26.