Jump to content

3/27 8:00OM EDT Pistons @ Timberwolves


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, casimir said:

Remember when a lot of us thought this team could be on the periphery of the playoffs this season?  Good times.

I remember thinking before the season the over 29 wins bet was easy money.   Good thing I’m too inpatient to bet futures.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My summer plan.

I go all in on the Bridges. Ivey, Duren and picks for Mikal. Sign Miles (I know I know) in free agency.  Then sign Nic Claxton in free agency. Any money left goes for a veteran off the bench 

Starters are Cade, Bridges, Bridges, Fontecchio, Claxton.

Four of those guys should shoot north of 35% from three. I think three of them could average over 20 points a game. Claxton gives you everything Duren provides on offense and is an elite shot blocker plus a candidate for all defensive team.

Sasser, Thompson, Stewart, free agent is a respectable bench. 

That team makes the playoffs IMO.

Obviously there are some issues.

Trading for Bridges won't be easy. I don't want to pay Claxton more than $20m a year and I think he will cost more. You have to look past the other Bridges beating the **** out of his wife.

Eh, we're more likely to end up with Todd Bridges.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

My summer plan.

I go all in on the Bridges. Ivey, Duren and picks for Mikal. Sign Miles (I know I know) in free agency.  Then sign Nic Claxton in free agency. Any money left goes for a veteran off the bench 

Starters are Cade, Bridges, Bridges, Fontecchio, Claxton.

Four of those guys should shoot north of 35% from three. I think three of them could average over 20 points a game. Claxton gives you everything Duren provides on offense and is an elite shot blocker plus a candidate for all defensive team.

Sasser, Thompson, Stewart, free agent is a respectable bench. 

That team makes the playoffs IMO.

Obviously there are some issues.

Trading for Bridges won't be easy. I don't want to pay Claxton more than $20m a year and I think he will cost more. You have to look past the other Bridges beating the **** out of his wife.

Eh, we're more likely to end up with Todd Bridges.

Solid plan and better than most I've heard. I'm all in on Mikal as well.

I wouldn't go after Miles because I think he should be out of the league regardless of his basketball abilities and don't want to root for him on my team. But, I get that he's a solid player. Even so, I'd actually prefer someone who shoots and/or defends better because he's mediocre to poor at both. I'd even look at old man Tobias before Miles (depending upon the price).

Also, I'd be fine with Hartenstein if you miss on Claxton. Jalen Smith would be a nice backup who can also stretch the floor to replace Wiseman.

That said, my summer plan starts with firing Monty and Weaver and I'm not sure any of this matters otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Eh, we're more likely to end up with Todd Bridges.

There will be several trades in order to make this happen, and the net will be 3 unprotected firsts out for 5 seconds and Todd Bridges in.

Oh, and some ridiculous contract will also be brought in and then bought out.  Probable use of the stretch buy out.

Edited by casimir
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, buddha said:

how long is cade going to put up with this before he demands a trade?

grant hill 2.0.

That's what it is seriously looking like.

Everyone's going to be looking at exit strategy.

And then they'll all star on their next team...

For whatever reason.

Monty's fault?

Or 100% Weaver?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Betrayer said:

 

That said, my summer plan starts with firing Monty and Weaver and I'm not sure any of this matters otherwise.

If Cade wanted to stay in Det, you'd think he'd have already put a line in the sand to Gores that the current coach and FO go or he's out at this first opportunity. if he hasn't done that, then it's hard to conclude other than that it's because he's decided Gores isn't worth bothering with and he's bailing as soon as he can, like accepting a QO to guarantee his exit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

So much worse. Pistons had a winning record in 4 of 6 of Hill's seasons. Cade has yet see his team sniff .300 let alone 500

cade hasnt been nearly as good as grant hill.  better shooter but not as good of an athlete.

but you get the comparison.  a top pick who was left to languish with a bad organization that couldnt get out of its own way.

cade seems destined to go down a similar path.

theyre only real hope is to tank again next year and get a top 3 pick in the lottery after that.  but we all know how that is likely to turn out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From ESPN article: Flip Saunders was the coach for the Pistons last time they won a playoff series in 2008 and the last time the TWolves won a playoff series. Saunders has been dead for almost 10 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

So much worse. Pistons had a winning record in 4 of 6 of Hill's seasons. Cade has yet see his team sniff .300 let alone 500

to bring this full circle, i just saw grant hill in the airport...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most teams do not own their arenas.  Most have similar deals as the Wings/Pistons where the city owns it and leases it back to the teams.  

But $3B would be the very bottom for the Pistons IMO.  Suns sold at a valuation of $4B.  Their market is slightly larger but not a billion dollars bigger.  Pacers just sold at a $3.4B valuation and their market is quite a bit smaller than Detroit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      251
    • Most Online
      186

    Newest Member
    Terrible1345
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...