4/3/24 7:30PM EDT Pistons @ Hawks

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Ivey shooting 3-14 right now. Again, with Cade out he should be having a big game. He just doesn't seem capable.

They’d be down by 30 if it weren’t for Malachi Flynn.  Let that sink in.

So, Cunningham out tonight.  Supposedly it was load management.  But it wasn’t known to the players until right before tip off?  Do I have that right?  What an absolutely rudderless barge of crap this organization is.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, casimir said:

So, Cunningham out tonight.  Supposedly it was load management.  But it wasn’t known to the players until right before tip off?  Do I have that right?  What an absolutely rudderless barge of crap this organization is.

WTF is "load management" for a player on a team that isn't within a moon shot of reaching the playoffs?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

He wasn't chucking either.  50 points on 25 shots is great.  Scored 5 more points than the starters combined.

He has to be one of the worst players to score 50 in a game.

He wasn't chucking, but teammates were looking for him, and he was taking reasonable shots.

There was one play very late, maybe less than a minute, down by 6?.....   A steal off of an inbounds and he had a layup, although he was kind of under the backboard with the way the momentum of it all worked out, and he missed it.  It wasn't an easy shot, but man, if he'd have hit that, I honestly think he might have willed them to victory.

Good for him.  Tough game to watch because of course they were down by 20 at one point.  But Flynn had the personal game of his life.  That was fun to see.

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

WTF is "load management" for a player on a team that isn't within a moon shot of reaching the playoffs?

I question the excuse on its face.  I wonder if there's about to be a public revelation about how awful things are in the locker room.

23 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Do you want to be investigated by the league?  Because that is how you get investigated by the league.

That might be one way to see if the league is paying attention to the Pistons.  Obviously its questionable given nothing came about from Weaver's little exchange of pleasantries with a fan a month of so ago.

• Like 1

Few highlights from the article

To show how much Cunningham has grown, it’s worth comparing this season’s stats to that of his rookie year, given that he only played 12 games during his “official” sophomore season before a lingering shin injury forced him to get surgery and miss the rest of the year.

Cunningham’s scoring is up 5.3 points per game, his assists are up 1.9, his field goal percentage went from 41.6 percent to 45.9 percent, and his 3-point percentage has jumped from 31.4 percent to 35.5 percent on, essentially, the same number of attempts per game. Cunningham is carrying a true shooting percentage of 54.6 percent this season (he had a 50.4 true shooting percentage as a rookie and 49.2 true shooting percentage in 12 games last season). Lastly, Cunningham has upped these numbers while being one of just 10 players in the NBA to have a 30 percent usage or better.

However, when you break it down individually, Cunningham has as strong of a case as almost any of these names. White and Kuminga aren’t atop opposing team’s scouting reports like Cunningham is. The usage that they carry isn’t in the same ballpark as Cunningham’s. Maxey is an incredible player, but his efficiency numbers have dipped compared to last season. And while Maxey has been impressive in the absence of Joel Embiid, he plays alongside other proven players who help make his life easier. Williams, too, is incredible, but he’s playing alongside a possible NBA Most Valuable Player in Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Don’t get me wrong: Williams has entered the conversation as one of the league’s top-25 players and that’s a leap worth making record of. However, Cunningham is asked to do more with far less, and he’s found a way to maintain respectable efficiency numbers in the process. That’s not nothing.

• Like 1

Nice game from Flynn, but the bigger story to me was Jaden and Jalen.

Jaden continues his streak of playing terribly. Missing layups, missing threes, turnovers, and poor defense. No Cade in the lineup and you'd think he'd come out swinging. Instead he sat on the bench watching Flynn.

Jalen once again did his best Andre Drummond impression. Terrible dribble drives that end in a blocked shot or turnover. Jumpshots that he's not capable of making. Complaining to the refs on offense when they don't bail him out of terrible decisions while Atlanta runs it down the court to score.

When that draft happened, I thought we came out on top. But the more I see, the more disappointed I get. Maybe it's just bad habits learned from being on a team with no winners or winning culture. Either way, change needs to come at the end of this season, and the more I see the more I'm OK with one or both of these guys getting moved.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Do you want to be investigated by the league?  Because that is how you get investigated by the league.

Investigated for what? The draft sucks and the Pistons don't win with Cade anyway. 

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

Jaden continues his streak of playing terribly. Missing layups, missing threes, turnovers, and poor defense. No Cade in the lineup and you'd think he'd come out swinging. Instead he sat on the bench watching Flynn.

Jalen once again did his best Andre Drummond impression. Terrible dribble drives that end in a blocked shot or turnover. Jumpshots that he's not capable of making. Complaining to the refs on offense when they don't bail him out of terrible decisions while Atlanta runs it down the court to score.

When that draft happened, I thought we came out on top. But the more I see, the more disappointed I get. Maybe it's just bad habits learned from being on a team with no winners or winning culture. Either way, change needs to come at the end of this season, and the more I see the more I'm OK with one or both of these guys getting moved.

J&J need to go. Been saying that pretty much all season, low IQ limited skill players that get by on athleticism and pretty much athleticism alone. Keep the high IQ duo of Cade and Ausar, keep Fontecchio as a 3 and D, Sasser and Stewart off the bench and fill out the rest of the roster with the Ivey and Duren trade returns, the draft pick and a few capable vets through free agency. 

Their trade value, Ivey's in particular, might have already deteriorated but they should do it now before the rest of the league is wise to what they are. I hate to say it because there's a bundle of talent with both but they, one, don't fit here and, two, are never likely to play winning basketball.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Investigated for what? The draft sucks and the Pistons don't win with Cade anyway. 

Gambling.

You have to accurately report injuries. They might have to explain how a guy is listed as a starter and 40 minutes later is out. Cade or no Cade will move the line.

Philly is going through this with Embiid right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Your game summaries are better than most beat writers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Your game summaries are better than most beat writers. 

Thank you. I appreciate that.

I guess it turns out that watching every single Piston's game since 2001 earned me something other than 15 years of pain  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Thank you. I appreciate that.

I guess it turns out that watching every single Piston's game since 2001 earned me something other than 15 years of pain  😄 

Blink twice if you are tied up in Gores basement.  

• Haha 1