11/21/2021 06:00 EST Los Angeles Lakers @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Next time the Pistons play the Lakers and LeBron drives the lane, I hope Beef Stew decapitates him with a clothesline.  

Its upcoming.  Next Sunday in LA?  I'd imagine Stewart will be suspended for it.  James will talk tough.  Media will genuflect to the king.  About how one would imagine it.

stewart has to learn to control himself.  he's gonna get a reputation.  that's twice now.  teams are going to start taking little cheap shots at you because they know they can get under your skin.

and i can see being mad at lebron for the cheapshot, but you cant go after him in that over the top manner.  that was a bit much.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

stewart has to learn to control himself.  he's gonna get a reputation.  that's twice now.  teams are going to start taking little cheap shots at you because they know they can get under your skin.

and i can see being mad at lebron for the cheapshot, but you cant go after him in that over the top manner.  that was a bit much.

That was my thought... it was a little over the top.

I don't mind the toughness but... yeah.

I put all the below in the wrong Pistons thread:

It was really disheartening to hear all the cheers for the Lakers at LCA.  I feel like basketball in Detroit is all about who's hot at the moment.  I will also never forget being at a BW3 to watch the Pistons V Miami and hearing people going crazy when Wade stole the ball late and drove to the basket and dunked it...it basically was an exclamation point on the end of that era for the Detroit Pistons...it was 2006 I just went and looked it up.

I remember being so mad that people in Detroit were so actively rooting against the Pistons because D Wade was all the rage in basketball then..I hated it.

Also I know I am WAAAAAY behind on the times, but LA's team has like 6-7 guys who used to be the #1 on other teams all playing together now...it felt super weird watching all those SS players on one team.

Lebron, Carmello, Davis, Westbrook, Jordan, Howard...it was like an All Star game from 4-5 years ago

One last observation...again from a guy who loves basketball, but has been out of the loop for a good 10 years..has Gerami Grant always been a scorer like he has been for us?  I mean he is the goto guy when they need a score.

14 hours ago, buddha said:

i was told cade could shoot.

He was an excellent long range shooter in college and has good form but sure, if you want to doom him to being a poor shooter 10 games into his NBA career, have at it. But yes, would like to see less of the 1-8, 1-9 from three shooting nights.

In any event, Stewart definitely went a little too psychotic but I'd be pissed too if somebody clocked me in the face intentionally and it seemed pretty clear that Lebron said something to set him off because he didn't really go psycho until after they had words.

Edited by NYLion

Clear cheap shot by Lebron, punching Stew in the face. Yea, Stew should've stopped but when you're a 20 year old with adrenalin kicking and your face is gushing with blood, you're going at that guy. Stew was trucking Pistons staff like an NFL running back against middle schoolers.