11/21/2021 06:00 EST Los Angeles Lakers @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

More importantly, Casey absolutely blew this game. He rode that bench lineup for way too long and it lost them the lead. Same thing he does in first quarters while the team is getting wrecked and he won't make changes until inside the 6 minute mark because he can't change the plan.

Then that atrocity of a final play. Not only does he pull Frank Jackson who can actually shoot threes, but he calls a play for Hami to make an impossible pass.

What a train wreck of a coach. Grandpa Casey is great for being a calming presence for young players, but if you're expecting to get better in the W column at some point with this team, he's not the guy. Or, at the very least you have to get him an offensive coordinator like Toronto did with Nurse. The rest of the NBA didn't realize that was why Casey won coach of the year, but Toronto sure did.

Stewart gets 2 games,  LeBron gets one. I don't think that is fair and most will say if it wasn't LeBron it would be different but going off memory it seems like usually the person that "makes the scene" is the one that gets more even if it was a cheap shot that started it. Case in point Jokic getting suspended and Morris only getting fined.

I think everyone knew the NBA was going to side with its darling, Lebron. He punches Stew in the face, makes him gush blood, but Stew gets suspended for longer. Whatever. Honestly, if I was the NBA I would have given them both 4 games because I have no idea how they're going to police that game in LA.

• Thanks 1

As a relatively neutral observer of what happened (I’m not a fan of NBA basketball), I thought Stewart deserved more games than Lebron but both deserved more than what they got.

That scene is one that plays out on city blacktops across Detroit, Cleveland, and LA on a daily basis when the weather is right. It’s absolutely not ok for Lebron to throw that elbow/punch, but it’s even less okay to show all the kids watching, and all the kids who saw the highlights, that a reaction like Stewart’s is okay or an adult thing to do. In the real world, you don’t have security and team personnel all over the place to try to calm you down and usher you out, you have police who will show up and throw you in cuffs without a second thought.

Someone with more basketball experience/knowledge may disagree and be right as far as NBA consistency goes, but I was really disturbed by seeing that clip all over my social media feeds.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

As a relatively neutral observer of what happened (I’m not a fan of NBA basketball), I thought Stewart deserved more games than Lebron but both deserved more than what they got.

That scene is one that plays out on city blacktops across Detroit, Cleveland, and LA on a daily basis when the weather is right. It’s absolutely not ok for Lebron to throw that elbow/punch, but it’s even less okay to show all the kids watching, and all the kids who saw the highlights, that a reaction like Stewart’s is okay or an adult thing to do. In the real world, you don’t have security and team personnel all over the place to try to calm you down and usher you out, you have police who will show up and throw you in cuffs without a second thought.

Someone with more basketball experience/knowledge may disagree and be right as far as NBA consistency goes, but I was really disturbed by seeing that clip all over my social media feeds.

agree. And Stewart was lucky he didn't get loose - for one LeBron might have taken him, but even worse for him if he had connected and put LeBron on the floor and out for any period he might have been looking at a suspension that would have made Kermit Washington feel like he got off lightly.

Edited by gehringer_2