5/12/24 1:40PM Astros @ Tigers

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Yes, I don't want hear excuses.  Keith isn't hitting the ball hard like he supposedly did in the minors.  I thought one of his best assets was supposed to be his power.  

He looks like a hitter, from what little highlight reel I have seen of him.  I agree, let's start seeing more smoked line drives, and hearing less complaining about the park.  And comparing it to minor league parks, yeah, stop doing that kid.

Somebody said it up above, this is a good assignment for a manager...talk to the kid about maturity and accountability.  Or Canha could do it, probably even better.  But if players are publicly shifting blame and not taking accountability for their own performance, that's a  clubhouse issue.  Losers do that.  Let's get the clubhouse under control, especially the rookies.

10 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Yes, I don't want hear excuses.  Keith isn't hitting the ball hard like he supposedly did in the minors.  I thought one of his best assets was supposed to be his power.  

Hitting big league hitting is harder and takes more of an adjustment to get right than hitting minor league pitching.

26 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Hitting big league hitting is harder and takes more of an adjustment to get right than hitting minor league pitching.

It's completely different from minor league pitching which is why most young hitters fail initially and many never figure it out.  I'm not being critical of his performance. It's just that the ballpark excuse sounds lame.  

It's completely different from minor league pitching which is why most young hitters fail initially and many never figure it out.  I'm not being critical of his performance. It's just that the ballpark excuse sounds lame.  

It sounds to me like a maturity thing. On the other hand, a fly ball that is a home rum in 15 out of 30 ball parks seems like a 50-50 proposition to me.

True, you did say you don't want to hear excuses, although your post mostly criticized his not hitting for power at the big league level, implying his "supposed" performance in the minors might have been a mirage. I think it was real, and I'm not so worried that Colt Keith's power output won't click at some point.

16 minutes ago, chasfh said:

True, you did say you don't want to hear excuses, although your post mostly criticized his not hitting for power at the big league level, implying his "supposed" performance in the minors might have been a mirage. I think it was real, and I'm not so worried that Colt Keith's power output won't click at some point.

I have seen him touted as someone with the potential for immense power (e.g. 70/70 raw power at fangraphs). I have no scouting skills, but he strikes me as me more of a line drive hitter with pretty good power rather than elite power.  Just watching his at bats, I would guess that his hit skill is better than his power.  

5 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

Yes 

Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I am pretty sure the new poster Shelton is neither Chris nor MTS Shelton, but it made me think:

Shelton career: 3.9 WAR 110 OPS+

Torkelson career: -1.5 92 OPS+

Not the first time you were wrong. 

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I have confirmation that is MTS Shelton, but he's still staying away. Only here for important things.

Correct. Those days are gone. You’re welcome, everyone. 

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

If you see D-Meat, you will know.

A lot of work to establish my bona fides. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Not the first time you were wrong. 

Not the first time you pointed out my wrongness.  

What threw me was the auto racing posts?  What is that? 

Edited by Tiger337