Bears at Lions. a turkey matchup for turkey day

buddha

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I mean, I didn't quote you or mention you but you knew the post was directed at you because you are the only one who brings it up every single game so you really shouldn't be talking about "typical posts" when you have more than your fair share. 

Every single game?  More hyperbole.  Go look it up.  I bet it’s not every single game.  Not even half.   Seriously, stop trying to win.  

Also, going to ridiculous extremes to try to make you point is what is typical.  Like the post I’m responding to or assuming there is only Patricia or Campbell as coaching options.

3 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Every single game?  More hyperbole.  Go look it up.  I bet it’s not every single game.  Not even half.   Seriously, stop trying to win.  

Also, going to ridiculous extremes to try to make you point is what is typical.  Like the post I’m responding to or assuming there is only Patricia or Campbell as coaching options.

I never quoted you or mentioned you and yet you quoted me and called me for how I post on here. All I'm saying is look in the mirror. 

28 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I laughed about that at the time also, but again, to be fair, letting the clock run is what you do if you have resigned yourself to playing for the tie. If you still wanted to give yourself another chance to win? As hopeless as the D and O both looked by that time, do you want your coach to be the one signalling that he has giving up?

If you get a stop then maybe?  The first one was really bad.  He called his first after they got 10 yards on 1st down.  The second was not so bad.  After 6 yards on 2nd down leaving them with 3rd and 4.  So yeah.  There is a fine line between giving up and trying to win.

Edited by sagnam

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Just a handful of posts complaining about his clock management. The double timeout thing was bad but overall his clock management has been good. 

Of the three examples you cited, only Hongbits was a general indictment of his time management and in game skills. 

The other two examples it seemed to me were not focusing on his general use of TOs.

The chart you cited was a measurement of how successfully coaches avoid wasting TOs. 

A coach can avoid wasting TOs and still be incompetent at time management and make more than his share of critical end-of-game mistakes.

I viewed the chart and the argument at hand as apples and oranges.