#1 team in the B1G East (Michigan) vs. the #1 team in the B1G West (Wisciowa) in Indianapolis.

romad1

worst call of the game was Pereira trying to fabricate a targeting out of the tackle on Petras (or had they switched at that point - lost track...) The qb was a runner, at least half the momentum in the collision was the qb still moving into the tacklers pushing for more yardage. Would have been a ridiculous call.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

worst call of the game was Pereira trying to fabricate a targeting out of the tackle on Petras (or had they switched at that point - lost track...) The qb was a runner, at least half the momentum in the collision was the qb still moving into the tacklers pushing for more yardage. Would have been a ridiculous call.

If Pereira can buzz the refs that would be remarkable.  I wouldn't put it past NCAA to allow that but...sheesh

Michigan culture as a down on its luck program is so perfectly embodied by "Mr. Brightside" and "Better Daughter" to see a stadium of people singing that a capella is so great.  I was so jealous of England football fan singing "Self Preservation Society" from The Italian Job.  It doesn't have to make sense. Its just the Hakka of the collective We as a tribe of fans. 

SOOO FUCKING GREAT!

Edited by romad1

Was just musing.  What would this team be doing if Joe Milton stuck around?  I saw some highlights of him playing w/Tenn and it didn't seem like he was doing anything very difficult.  His arm talent is there but he wasn't able to make reads at all.  It might have been for the best that he processed out.

Edited by romad1

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Was just musing.  What would this team be doing if Joe Milton stuck around?  I saw some highlights of him playing w/Tenn and it didn't seem like he was doing anything very difficult.  His arm talent is there but he wasn't able to make reads at all.  It might have been for the best that he processed out.

i think the better question is what would this team be doing if mccarthy had stuck around?  or if the team hadnt fallen in love with milton's arm in 2020 and driven mccarthy out of town.

in pre-transfer portal ncaa michigan would have mccarthy starting this year with milton as a junior, mcnamera as a soph and mccarthy as a redshirt.

but nowadays you have a situation where the team will have to make a choice next year as to mcnamera or mccarthy and the other will leave.

40 minutes ago, buddha said:

in pre-transfer portal ncaa michigan would have mccarthy starting this year with milton as a junior, mcnamera as a soph and mccarthy as a redshirt.

but nowadays you have a situation where the team will have to make a choice next year as to mcnamera or mccarthy and the other will leave.

transfer portal QBs will become the next competitive advantage. Snag a good one you don't mind living with  and then you are free to throw all the 5 start recruits at him you can land. If one can't beat him out, fine, they can walk. If one does, even better. When he's out of eligibility go out and find another Soph xfer to set up the process again.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 hours ago, buddha said:

i think the better question is what would this team be doing if mccarthy had stuck around?  or if the team hadnt fallen in love with milton's arm in 2020 and driven mccarthy out of town.

Mccaffery is who you mean?  They really went for the Irish names for a while there. 

Mcnamara and Mccarthey appear to have a good relationship.  I can clearly see that Mccarthey has the arm talent but when he was in against Iowa you saw lapses in judgement that denote the need for more seasoning.   Hopefully he uses the month of December and spring camp to get to where Mcnamara is as far as being a field general.

Back to Milton, the stories out there that he vowed to hang 50 points on Michigan when he was benched in 2020 really denoted a poisonous locker room that year. 

The thing is that if the QB is not cutting it as a leader, the coaching staff need to figure out how to process him out of the program without denying him the ability to prove it elsewhere.   I guess I don't have a grand point about all this except...the transfer portal appears to work.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Milton's field generalship on display

see also, that the tweeter has some connection to the school in Ohio that doesn't know how  to scheme a run defense.

Speaking of OSU - I was amused to see a disappointed Buckeye fan on the Columbus SBNation site accuse Ryan Day of DAntonio.ism - i.e. being unwilling to move on from under-performing staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Speaking of OSU - I was amused to see a disappointed Buckeye fan on the Columbus SBNation site accuse Ryan Day of DAntonio.ism - i.e. being unwilling to move on from under-performing staff.

Al Washington and Greg Mattison seem to have been conspicuously quiet lately

On 12/5/2021 at 4:29 AM, RandyMarsh said:

Is Gus Johnson an actual Michigan fan? If so I did not know that, I knew he grew up in Detroit so I guess I should've put two and two together. Of course he could just be happy for a kid he may have gotten to know over the course of doing like a half dozen games of this year. 

Edit: Just did a quick google search and yes he is indeed a fan. One of the first articles I found was from the Michigan website where he did an interview in July and he was quoted as saying something like "I think this year is gonna be our year, we just gotta find the right quarterback(kinda funny considering the video above)" 

I also read that Gus has made it a thing to congratulate the winning team each year @ the B1G Championship. Yes he's a UM fan, but he may have been down there congratulating Iowa if it had gone the other way. 

1 hour ago, djhutch said:

I also read that Gus has made it a thing to congratulate the winning team each year @ the B1G Championship. Yes he's a UM fan, but he may have been down there congratulating Iowa if it had gone the other way. 

he grew up in detroit and went to my high school (u of d cubs!) so him being a michigan fan is probably right.