#1 team in the B1G East (Michigan) vs. the #1 team in the B1G West (Wisciowa) in Indianapolis.

romad1

Yeah despite Michigan's dominance over Iowa I think objectively Bama looked like the best team in the country today. Georgia was just on another level than every other team according to every metric yet Bama had their way with them. I actually wonder if Georgia may drop to 4th behind the 3 teams that won their conference championships.

The committee says they won't factor in rematches when determining the teams so if they are true to their word that won't be an excuse. Also the cynical view is that this matchup would guarantee atleast 1 of those 2 teams with huge fan bases being in the National Championship. 

Also MIchigan may have one of the biggest in the country and routinely draws the highest ratings so maybe they have a motive to give them an easier matchup so they could get the dream championship matchup ratings wise between Michigan and Bama/Georgia. 

while i want michigan to win it all (obviously), i am already content with this season.  got rid of the fake haters (tp and tater) and can move on.

that said, this would be the best season in my life if they could beat georgia and bama and shut the overrated sec up once and for fucking all.

• Like 1

You know...Iowa won the turnover battle. 

Reminds me of the joke told during the Cold War about hypothetical Russian tank commanders sitting at a cafe in Paris after the Red Army blitzed its way through the Fulda Gap and conquered mainland Europe with their ground forces. 

"Comrade, who won the air war?"

Edited by romad1

1 hour ago, buddha said:

while i want michigan to win it all (obviously), i am already content with this season.  got rid of the fake haters (tp and tater) and can move on.

that said, this would be the best season in my life if they could beat georgia and bama and shut the overrated sec up once and for fucking all.

Define got rid of.  Define fake haters (rather partisan language).  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Checking the box score and I saw that Edwards got a 100 QBR, that's the first time I ever seen a perfect 100 for QBR even for 1 throw. I always wondered what it would take for a player to get that and evidently it is to throw a 75 yard TD on every pass. 

Brandstatter's call of that TD pass:

Is Gus Johnson an actual Michigan fan? If so I did not know that, I knew he grew up in Detroit so I guess I should've put two and two together. Of course he could just be happy for a kid he may have gotten to know over the course of doing like a half dozen games of this year. 

Edit: Just did a quick google search and yes he is indeed a fan. One of the first articles I found was from the Michigan website where he did an interview in July and he was quoted as saying something like "I think this year is gonna be our year, we just gotta find the right quarterback(kinda funny considering the video above)" 

Edited by RandyMarsh

5 hours ago, buddha said:

Would be fun to play and beat Cincy because it's regional and the Fickell connections, but for me playing Alabama or Georgia is like the Tigers playing  a game against the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters - they are basically from another planet.