#1 team in the B1G East (Michigan) vs. the #1 team in the B1G West (Wisciowa) in Indianapolis.

romad1

Ok, so the USNews thing said that Iowa was tied for 10th for "Writing in the Disciplines" which sounds like a lot of preversion.  I'm sure its something the Teutonic residents of Iowa brought over from Germany.  All that lederhosen is just gateway leather.

16 hours ago, buddha said:

iowa was known for english/creative writing for a long time.  it's a good school.  it doesnt have the great graduate programs like wisconsin or michigan, but its still pretty good.

28 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Funny to think of the B1G championship as a trap game, but that is my only concern right now. 

me too.

and iowa is not a bad team.  theyre not a great team, and playing them at a neutral site isnt the same as playing them at kinnick, but i expect them to break out all the stops.  all the trick plays, break every tendency.  

this game is scary, imo.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, buddha said:

iowa was known for english/creative writing for a long time.  it's a good school.  it doesnt have the great graduate programs like wisconsin or michigan, but its still pretty good.

It has some audiology, the writers workshop, pa, speech pathology are all world renowned. 

Just now, lordstanley said:

I’m hoping they are just happy to be there. They barely got out of Nebraska alive and probably didn’t expect Minnesota to help them out. 

If we don't blow their doors off them Maryland style, we don't deserve to move on.

If Michigan does indeed lose this game I feel confident in saying it wont be because of the lazy narrative that will surely get thrown out there that they looked past them or were having a post OSU hangover.  

I think Michigan will be up for this game and prepared to win but sometimes you just have bad days and to me that will be what happens if they do lose.

Also even though Iowa is a great matchup for Michigan its not like they are some doormat, they are capable of playing really good football.

9 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I’m hoping they are just happy to be there. They barely got out of Nebraska alive and probably didn’t expect Minnesota to help them out. 

Yep we barely got out of Nebraska alive consdiering we won by 7. 

What did Michigan win by at Nebraska again? 3. 

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

If Michigan does indeed lose this game I feel confident in saying it wont be because of the lazy narrative that will surely get thrown out there that they looked past them or were having a post OSU hangover.  

I think Michigan will be up for this game and prepared to win but sometimes you just have bad days and to me that will be what happens if they do lose.

Also even though Iowa is a great matchup for Michigan its not like they are some doormat, they are capable of playing really good football.

It will come down to picks. If we get two, we have a chance. If we don't we have no chance. 

9 hours ago, romad1 said:

If we don't blow their doors off them Maryland style, we don't deserve to move on.

You do realize nobody has scored 30 on us since Obama was president right? That includes good offenses such as Ohio State. Could michigan break that. sure. Is it likely? Doesn't look like it. 

6 hours ago, KL2 said:

You do realize nobody has scored 30 on us since Obama was president right? That includes good offenses such as Ohio State. Could michigan break that. sure. Is it likely? Doesn't look like it. 

lets call it two score difference win then.

6 hours ago, KL2 said:

nobody has scored 30 on iowa this year or in 2019 (2020 doesnt count), but in 2018 you gave up more than 30 points three times.

6 hours ago, KL2 said:

Yep we barely got out of Nebraska alive consdiering we won by 7. 

What did Michigan win by at Nebraska again? 3. 

iowa has been outgained by purdue, wisconsin, northwestern (!), minnesota, and illinois.  they outgained penn state only because clifford got hurt.

iowa's defense has been good, and their special teams has been very good (as usual). their offense has been awful.

iowa's special teams are #2 in the country.  #1?  michigan.

iowa wins if michigan turns the ball over and gives up some special teams big plays.  iowa can usually bite a big team, they've done it to michigan before, they've done it to ohio state too.  but when they do its usually at kinnick.

the game - like all michigan games - scares me to death, and iowa is always sound and well coached and usually picks one game to go all out and break every tendency and throw caution to the wind.  but on PAPER, michigan should win by 2 touchdowns.  

but as every michigan fan is well aware, games arent played on paper.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

nobody has scored 30 on iowa this year or in 2019 (2020 doesnt count), but in 2018 you gave up more than 30 points three times.

Ok then all your good game this year don't count too...why are we just throwing out games?

And it was hyperbole, but 30 games is the longest streak in the last 40 years or so. In fact we have two of the five longest.

So thinking a Maryland blowout is gonna happen is rather unlikely

Edited by KL2