CFP semi-final: #1 Michigan against a school named after a type of Chili or #2 Michigan vs. a team who couldn't even win the SEC

romad1

23 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Last night felt really weird.  i wonder if the movement to the portal by guys like Filiaga and early departures like Dax Hill are because of the inklings that NIL -- use of the block M-- is going to make or break this Harbaugh era. 

hill is leaving because he'll be a second round nfl pick.  everyone knew hill was leaving.

filiaga is leaving because he has his degree and wasnt going to start next year.

i used to like henson until trump.  then i had to unfollow him because the trump stuff got to be too much.

he used to have connections at michigan, not sure if he does anymore.  but he's not the only one reporting that something is "imminent" with harbaugh.  

vincent gray declares for the draft.  also not a big surprise.  

the departure of 4 cbs says more about the state of their cb recruiting under don brown than it does about the state of the program as a whole.  gray was a 3* shot in the dark and was starting to give up time to younger players below him last year and michigan has a stacked cb class coming in.  he has graduated already and saw the writing on the wall.  might as well take your shot and move on with your life.

that said, he has no shot at the nfl.  although if teez tabor can get a spot playing safety on the bears, maybe gray too can land on someone's practice squad and then get some playing time when the entire team's secondary is out due to injury or covid?

harbaugh should be a top candidate for any nfl head coaching job every year.  he's the most successful nfl head coach not currently coaching.

who else?  doug pederson?  he's likely to get a gig this time around.

my biggest fear is harbaugh to the bears because he would be the best man for that job and it would make me root for the bears.  ugh.  i could handle the raiders, but not the bears.

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

harbaugh should be a top candidate for any nfl head coaching job every year.  he's the most successful nfl head coach not currently coaching.

who else?  doug pederson?  he's likely to get a gig this time around.

my biggest fear is harbaugh to the bears because he would be the best man for that job and it would make me root for the bears.  ugh.  i could handle the raiders, but not the bears.

I actually think he ends up staying.   I’m not sure if he will agree in the next 48 hours and not talk to NFL teams or if he will talk and then choose to go back to UM.   At this point, it would be a stronger message to recruits and the fanbase if he did talk to the NFL next week and then pulled a Wolf of Wall Street and pumped everyone up by spurning them to stay.    Again though, none of this dance needed to happen if UM had better athletics leadership in place. 

So when do you think Harbaugh started seriously considering listening to NFL offers?

This time last year, when his salary was cut, and he figured I'll come back in 2021 and try to prove them wrong and rebuild  my reputation but it's every man for himself, I can cut or be cut anytime?

Maybe some talks just after the Big 10 championship when Harbaugh thought there could be a quick resolution to make up for the risk he took and the reward he deserves for this year? With the news about his bonuses going back to staff being both a sincere move but also a p.r. move? (give back $2mm to staff but use the goodwill to leverage into millions of dollars of a contract extensions)

Or as recently as 7 days ago after the beatdown by Georgia? With or without NIL commitments from Michigan, do we really think Harbaugh would be interested in the NFL if MIchigan had defeated Georgia and, say, lost to Bama narrowly in the title game?

5 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

He's also a huge jerk

Who was that crazy blogger who used to attack other writers and pretend to have big scoops, and I think by luck or guessing whatever he did get a couple of things right, I think with respect to Harbaugh and to Yzerman. He was nuts, I wonder if he's still around?

8 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Who was that crazy blogger who used to attack other writers and pretend to have big scoops, and I think by luck or guessing whatever he did get a couple of things right, I think with respect to Harbaugh and to Yzerman. He was nuts, I wonder if he's still around?

He would show up on the other site --nay the current degenerate gambler site -- and try to get people to look at his links from time to time, or is that a different guy?

Black Monday is here and no deal yet with Harbaugh.  No matter what happens, it shouldn’t have come to this for UM.  

Now another curveball comes into the mix as the Dolphins have fired their coach.  I wonder which one of his football teams the benefactor would like Jim to coach.  

Edited by Hongbit

On 1/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, Hongbit said:

Ross comes right out and nips that in the bud.  

I would be livid at this if I were a Dolphins fan. If Jim Harbaugh is available (not saying he is) and is the best candidate for the Dolphins, Ross is obligated to pursue him. He’s hurting the franchise he owns by putting the school he gives money to his priority.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I would be livid at this if I were a Dolphins fan. If Jim Harbaugh is available (not saying he is) and is the best candidate for the Dolphins, Ross is obligated to pursue him. He’s hurting the franchise he owns by putting the school he gives money to his priority.

Not worried about the feelings of the Dolphin fans.  

5 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I’m pretty sure most Dolphins fan hate him already.   The team has been horrible under him.