12/06/2021 07:00 EST Oklahoma City Thunder @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

19 yo's are not old enough to be great and savvy.

It's too early to tell... that's all I'm saying.

And to Buddha's point... Grant is a great and savvy move, but the real tell on signing him will be if Weaver can turn him around for more/ better (future) assets.

We are waiting on that one... (Ben Simmons, right?)

That's why I said the jury was still out on him. I think the feeling was after all his wheeling and dealing last draft that we were in good hands and if we're patient he will rebuild this thing. 

While that may still hold true I don't think its something we should just assume, of course if the lottery Gods are good to us again and we end up with Banchero to pair with Cade it would be hard to screw up that rebuild even if Weaver is indeed terrible. 

16 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

They are scoring 7 less per game so far this season. Cade's scoring isn't adding to last year's offense, it's just replacing it - almost. Instead of being able to bring a top pick into a roster he could immediately make better, the pistons are at ground zero, it's Cade and the dozen dwarfs. Your last top pick,  Hayes, should have been the piece that benefited most from bringing in a good player - instead he is exactly where he was last season - which is nowhere. 

Weaver came in and had to turn over the roster. It would have been nice if he had finished with more than zero left, but not to be.

It's a rebuild and this is the first FULL season of the young guys taking the reigns, what did you guys expect? It should also be noted that Olynyk has been injured most of the season and he was supposed to be a key vet on this roster so some of those close losses might have been wins with him.

I expected a lot of losses this season but what bothers me more than anything is Bey's immense regression because he's trying to be something he's not which is a go to scorer. Last year Bey knew his role and played it well while now he's trying to act like he's a star and while Hayes is showing some incremental improvement mainly with his long range shooting, the rest of his offensive game is severely lacking.

This goes back to coaching. Casey is putting these guys in a position to fail. His stagnant offense continues to destroy them in 4th quarters. I see too much of Grant and Bey barrelling into guys one on one down the stretch and not enough Cade and Hayes facilitating getting that ball to move side to side. Until that happens, the team will always struggle down the stretch and this old coach isn't changing his ways.

In any event, this is what a rebuild feels like. We haven't know this feeling as Pistons fans because they've always been a Championship contender or spun their wheels in perpetual mediocrity. Not since post-Isiah and pre-Hill which was only a couple of seasons have we seen what a real rebuild looks like so this is what we get. Short term pain for long term gain. It's much much better than the 30-40 win Pistons teams of yesteryear. Just have to be patient.

Edited by NYLion