01/19/2022 10:00 EST Detroit Pistons @ Sacramento Kings

casimir

Great game last night...  Looked like it was getting away from them early in the third, but they kept it close.  Close enough until it started to get away from them again late in the fourth, before their 13-1 run in the last couple of minutes brought them back from a 10 point deficit.  Nice win, but still too many games this season where they haven't looked very competitive. 

After last season, I was hoping for a bit more from them but this season has been a bit of a let down so far.  Hopefully with the injuries healing and the COVID issues in the background, we'll start seeing more competitive games and a few more wins.  January has been better so far, but they have a ways to go yet.

The Golden State and Chicago blowouts aside,  this month they're playing alot better.  I believe they are 6-6 in their last 12 which looks pretty good considering the disastrous start. Bey has looked more like he did last year and Cade has played alot better. Hopefully Olynyk being back will help things as well, not too much though I still want that top 4 pick of course. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Golden State and Chicago blowouts aside,  this month they're playing alot better.  I believe they are 6-6 in their last 12 which looks pretty good considering the disastrous start. Bey has looked more like he did last year and Cade has played alot better. Hopefully Olynyk being back will help things as well, not too much though I still want that top 4 pick of course. 

pssst...

no grant.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

... not too much though I still want that top 4 pick of course. 

If they go on any kind of .500 or better winning streak in their remaining games... let's say they win 6 more games then the other bottom-feeding teams... They're no longer picking top 4 without lottery luck. Say Indiana, OKC, Houston and New Orleans strip themselves down before the deadline...

We're in the 6th or 7th spot at that point...

There seems to be a growing consensus that there is a 3 man draft at the top followed by a second tier, Ive seen some people put Ivey in that top tier but not sure he would be a fit here anyway. 

Ive only watched highlight tapes which can obviously skew things but based on those and scouting reports I really want Jabari Smith the most but would be fine with any of the top 3 at this point. 

For me it's probably Ivey followed by Jabari, but it's early and there's more research to be done. This team desperately needs an athletic creator and Ivey ticks that box big time. I've seen comparisons to Ja Morant, Mitchell, DWade, and JRich. He's also shooting 43% from three this year and is a high level perimeter defender. He'd be a great fit in the backcourt next to Cade.

If we can get Patrick Williams in the Grant trade then it's easy enough to go grab a rim running big in free agency. Your Center doesn't need to be an All-Star - I don't believe in spending big money on a Center in today's NBA.  He just needs to be able to do what Javale McGee did to us the other day. Mitchell Robinson would do fine.

Edited by Betrayer

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

For me it's probably Ivey followed by Jabari, but it's early and there's more research to be done. This team desperately needs an athletic creator and Ivey ticks that box big time. I've seen comparisons to Ja Morant, Mitchell, DWade, and JRich. He's also shooting 43% from three this year and is a high level perimeter defender. He'd be a great fit in the backcourt next to Cade.

If we can get Patrick Williams in the Grant trade then it's easy enough to go grab a rim running big in free agency. Your Center doesn't need to be an All-Star - I don't believe in spending big money on a Center in today's NBA.  He just needs to be able to do what Javale McGee did to us the other day. Mitchell Robinson would do fine.

who do you like in the 6th or 7th spot?  cause that's where were picking, lol.

/debbiedowner

20 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

There seems to be a growing consensus that there is a 3 man draft at the top followed by a second tier, Ive seen some people put Ivey in that top tier but not sure he would be a fit here anyway. 

Ive only watched highlight tapes which can obviously skew things but based on those and scouting reports I really want Jabari Smith the most but would be fine with any of the top 3 at this point. 

I've been following this kind of close.  I think I would put Jabari in a tier by himself at the top.  

I'd probably take Holmgren second for his defensive potential.  

2 hours ago, buddha said:

who do you like in the 6th or 7th spot?  cause that's where were picking, lol.

/debbiedowner

Let's just continue saying this because we did the same last year and ended up with the #1 pick.  

If we did fall that far, TyTy Washington is very intriguing.  I could see his stock going up and up though, pushing himself into the top 5.