03/11/2022 07:30 EST Detroit Pistons @ Boston Celtics

casimir

God some of those late 90s maroon and teal Pistons teams had a cast of characters that you almost forget played for the Pistons like Montross, Loy Vaught, Laettner(I remember him and Vaught signing being a big deal in the local media), Jud Buechler, Dana Barros, Stacy Augmon among a host of others. 

Otis Thorpe would be another one that fits the description but of course everybody remembers him cause of the Darko pick. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

God some of those late 90s maroon and teal Pistons teams had a cast of characters that you almost forget played for the Pistons like Montross, Loy Vaught, Laettner(I remember him and Vaught signing being a big deal in the local media), Jud Buechler, Dana Barros, Stacy Augmon among a host of others. 

Otis Thorpe would be another one that fits the description but of course everybody remembers him cause of the Darko pick. 

Crap...

I thought I had successfully excised all these names from my memory banks and you had to go ahead and reinvigorate them...

Ugggh!!!

This is a fun game.  I said it last game also but Jerami Grant is a lot more fun to watch these days.  He is more engaged defensively (and making plays on that end) and is not as much of a ball hog on offense.  Getting to see him as role player shows off his value a lot more than when he is supposed to be the #1 option. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Bagley having another great game, 20 and 8 thus far. 

He's a very skilled player but I am not sure he has much tenacity on defense...which makes me think his long term role is on the bench.  He needs to challenge (and block) more shots.  

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Wins not important at this point/ this season.

Cade busting out is though... Makes me excited for next year.

I like what Bagley brings as well...

I think that's a steal for Weaver... or at least at this early juncture.

He's still too sloppy with the ball, but aside from that....

The 4th was garbage, but they probably shouldn't have been in the game then considering the lack of bench.  2/15 FG including a bagel/6 on 3s.

But, despite that, the first 3 quarters were a blast.  There was some serious back and forth, and it made for a compelling watch if you didn't have a rooting interest.

This has been a different team since the addition of Bagley.  I don't know that all of the credit for that should go to Bagley, but they've been in every game after they gave up 132 to Memphis and 141 to Charlotte in back-to-back home losses in mid February.

4 hours ago, casimir said:

The 4th was garbage, but they probably shouldn't have been in the game then considering the lack of bench.  2/15 FG including a bagel/6 on 3s.

But, despite that, the first 3 quarters were a blast.  There was some serious back and forth, and it made for a compelling watch if you didn't have a rooting interest.

This has been a different team since the addition of Bagley.  I don't know that all of the credit for that should go to Bagley, but they've been in every game after they gave up 132 to Memphis and 141 to Charlotte in back-to-back home losses in mid February.

rim running athletic big.

if only he played defense.

ive only seen him play against the bulls but he looked similar to how he was billed in sacramento: athletic, but takes dumb shots and doesnt play much d.

but that was only for 3/4 of a game and i was watching cade more than him, so i dont really know.  not sure what others think about bagley.

You can see that Cade has all NBA potential, not just All Star potential, but still lots of ups and downs in his game as expected for a rookie. Last night was just a function of him being gassed playing way too many minutes because the bench was decimated with injury. Good for the tank I suppose but if Hayes, Diallo and Stewart were healthy, I bet that's a much tighter game in the 4th.

In any event, all the arrows are pointing up with this team. It'll make for an exciting offseason knowing that this team is learning how to win and might be ready to take a bigger step next season with some additions.

16 hours ago, Hart said:

Man...I hope Cade never turns into the whiner that Tatum is.  In a league full of guys who like to whine, Tatum has to be one of the worst based on what I have seen this game.  

He and Doncic give Lebron a run for his money in the whiner department. Cade has reason to whine if he decided to because, and I know he's a rookie, he gets absolutely no calls. I don't know many times I've seen him hacked on the way to the rim or bumped on hard hedging double teams and no call. Hopefully he gets more ref respect as he gains experience.

Edited by NYLion

24 minutes ago, NYLion said:

... In any event, all the arrows are pointing up with this team. It'll make for an exciting offseason knowing that this team is learning how to win and might be ready to take a bigger step next season with some additions.

If we get the #1... I'm pretty certain that's Jabari Smith.

Otherwise... I can see it being Ivey.

But then my next question is... where can we find a rim-protecting rim-running defensive-stalwart Center?

I want Stew coming off the bench as 6th man and I don't think Bagley is the right guy to be a starter, or fits the Center I just described above.

If we added Ivey & (just as an example: Myles Turner) the right Center... I think this team can go places. The same with adding Jabari and the right Center (although we would be short the right-hand wing-man for Cade with Jabari...). I would think we'd have a shot at the playoffs next year. Although... that would be a pretty big jump...

Just being optimistic and thinking out loud...

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

If we get the #1... I'm pretty certain that's Jabari Smith.

Otherwise... I can see it being Ivey.

But then my next question is... where can we find a rim-protecting rim-running defensive-stalwart Center?

I want Stew coming off the bench as 6th man and I don't think Bagley is the right guy to be a starter, or fits the Center I just described above.

If we added Ivey & (just as an example: Myles Turner) the right Center... I think this team can go places. The same with adding Jabari and the right Center (although we would be short the right-hand wing-man for Cade with Jabari...). I would think we'd have a shot at the playoffs next year. Although... that would be a pretty big jump...

Just being optimistic and thinking out loud...

Chet Holmgren, if he's available where they pick.