2021 Offseason - 2021/22 PreSeason Thread

slothfacekilla

What's really annoying is that they completely block the screen for 2 minutes with a banner showing who scored, and then who assisted, and then they talk about the goal... BLOCKING the actual live action...! WTF? Stecher scored and we couldn't see anything in the minute leading up to the goal, not the play out of our zone, not the passing, the score... nothing. The replay showed Stecher moving in on the goal and somehow scoring with 4 bodies flopping all over the ice and the goalie, and he somehow threaded it through for a score. But we saw nothing else leading up to that goal. They were talking about Raymond's goal...

But having a banner blocking the action, and yapping about the prior goal, as one is CURRENTLY BEING SCORED... way beyond annoying.

13 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

What's really annoying is that they completely block the screen for 2 minutes with a banner showing who scored, and then who assisted, and then they talk about the goal... BLOCKING the actual live action...! WTF? Stecher scored and we couldn't see anything in the minute leading up to the goal, not the play out of our zone, not the passing, the score... nothing. The replay showed Stecher moving in on the goal and somehow scoring with 4 bodies flopping all over the ice and the goalie, and he somehow threaded it through for a score. But we saw nothing else leading up to that goal. They were talking about Raymond's goal...

But having a banner blocking the action, and yapping about the prior goal, as one is CURRENTLY BEING SCORED... way beyond annoying.

the video production is terrible.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Don't be so hard on him 🙂

Why are they sending the scoreboard music right into my ear?!

Ha!  He had a bad giveaway and then seemed kinda blah the rest of the game, tough to see.  Hopefully he starts to get some of these power play set ups to go in and gets some confidence going.

It took me way too long to realize that they were just using the radio pbp and the Jumbotron video feed. No wonder the graphics were so intrusive!

Thought that it was a fun game to watch all things considered though.  

i thought they looked much more organized, especially on the power play.  and that's without bertuzzi being a menace in front of the net.

seider looked composed, made a few mistakes but that's ok.  leddy made a lot of mistakes, but also made some good plays and kept things moving on the power play.  found larkin open for one of his goals.  larkin looked good too.

granted its the preseason and its columbus, but weve seen the wings get outplayed very badly in the preseason before.  not this year so far.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

i wonder how his anti-vax stance affects his trade value?  it probably doesnt help thats for sure.

i suppose my dream of bertuzzi for eichel straight up is now dead.

To me I see that almost like a contract dispute. I think he'll eventually get it, probably before the regular season even begins, the same way Wiggins has.

20 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

To me I see that almost like a contract dispute. I think he'll eventually get it, probably before the regular season even begins, the same way Wiggins has.

I would hope he would see situations like Archibald and get the vaccine for selfish reasons so he doesn't throw a ton of money away at the very least, but who knows.