2021 Offseason - 2021/22 PreSeason Thread

slothfacekilla

10 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Anyone know where the majority of these games are being broadcast?  I am itching for a little hockey, now that baseball is done for Detroit I am assuming most of the Wings games will be on Ballys?

Should be Ballys and whatever their overflow channel is Ballys+ (?) but if you are not in the blackout area then ESPN+ is your place (if you use a vpn than ESPN+ can always be your place).  We could talk not in public about other methods if needed 😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Anyone know where the majority of these games are being broadcast?  I am itching for a little hockey, now that baseball is done for Detroit I am assuming most of the Wings games will be on Ballys?

Yes, regular season almost exclusively on Bally's. Four more preseason games between tonight and Saturday before the season opener hosting Tampa on the 14th. Not sure about TV for the rest of the pre-season, but NHL Centre Ice is still in free preview mode so I just voice search "Detroit Red Wings" and it pops up somewhere on my TV.

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

No Bertuzzi tonight, not sure if it is injury management or other reasoning.

quothe Blashill "But he's in a spot where we're progressing him and we'll see."

There's American English and Canadian English and even Canadien French - and then there is NHLese.   :classic_huh:

Edited by gehringer_2

8 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

Picked up tickets to see the Wings when they're in town to play the Kings in January, very excited!

Lucky you. Not in Vancouver until March, and Seattle a couple of nights later. I always liked a November game @Canucks, get a fresh look the new season in person. 

'Tuzz looks rusty as heck out there...

But the kids look great! Fast, all over the ice, controlling the puck, stealing the puck... they spent about 75% of the time in the 1st in the O-zone... very little time in Detroit's zone. Love that especially...

Veleno and Raymond look like they need to stay in Detroit this year...

I don't think the Red Wings are going to start Veleno and Raymond in the NHL.

But I think they should from what I've seen.

I don't think I will be that upset about it though, if that's how they play it...

Give them all the ice time they can handle in Grand Rapids, all phases. Trade some veterans at the deadline for whatever we can get, and then bring them up for good afterwards. I think Veleno can Center the 2nd or 3rd line, and Raymond can Wing any of the top 3 lines. And I don't speak 3rd line out of low expectations... I think if these two were on the 3rd line with Suter just for example, the 3rd line becomes an extremely dangerous scoring line rivaling the 2nd line (with Fabbri, Ryan, Namestnikov... for example). Plus PP and PK time if they warrant that... Might be enough for their rookie year...

4 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I don't think the Red Wings are going to start Veleno and Raymond in the NHL.

But I think they should from what I've seen.

I don't think I will be that upset about it though, if that's how they play it...

Give them all the ice time they can handle in Grand Rapids, all phases. Trade some veterans at the deadline for whatever we can get, and then bring them up for good afterwards. I think Veleno can Center the 2nd or 3rd line, and Raymond can Wing any of the top 3 lines. And I don't speak 3rd line out of low expectations... I think if these two were on the 3rd line with Suter just for example, the 3rd line becomes an extremely dangerous scoring line rivaling the 2nd line (with Fabbri, Ryan, Namestnikov... for example). Plus PP and PK time if they warrant that... Might be enough for their rookie year...

veleno might make the team, raymond wont.

they did not look good today.  seider looked very bad.  ned made a lot of good saves but then blew the game with a stupid mistake.

they just dont have a lot of talent.  they might win some games like they did last year (playing extra conservative to keep the score down and hope to get lucky), and their power play does actually look like a professional unit this year, but they are bad.  

its going to be a long season.  especially without vrana.  elo has them as the worst team in the league and they may be right.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

veleno might make the team, raymond wont.

they did not look good today.  seider looked very bad.  ned made a lot of good saves but then blew the game with a stupid mistake.

they just dont have a lot of talent.  they might win some games like they did last year (playing extra conservative to keep the score down and hope to get lucky), and their power play does actually look like a professional unit this year, but they are bad.  

its going to be a long season.  especially without vrana.  elo has them as the worst team in the league and they may be right.

plus self inflicted setback of nine games where the probably #1 line has to be patched up because Tyler Bertuzzi can't cross the border.