161 game season? (They sure ain't playin' today)

Motor City Sonics

33 minutes ago, clark1mt said:

They could make it up in Chicago if they really wanted to force it.

seems unlikely they will need to - Cleveland isn't going to close the gap on the ChiSox and the ChiSox are not likely to get close to Houson's record for 2nd place overall so this game won't have any standings/playoff impact.

17 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

It looks like Cleveland is already in the hole with games played (Det 152 Cle 150). I doubt they make those games up either. I hate looking at the standing and seeing us behind Cleveland by pct. points....

Cleveland is scheduled for a double header tomorrow and has one less off day than Detroit the rest of the way. So, if they stick to the schedule and don't get rained out anymore, Cleveland will catch up

The White Sox magic number is down to 2.  They thought they were waltzing out of Detroit with a division title.  THINK AGAIN !

So, basically  if Cleveland wins all but one of the rest of their games and the White Sox lost the rest of theirs , they'd make up today, but it seems like it doesn't matter.  The White Sox will be going to Houston no matter what (unless Houston and Tampa flip spots).    I guess we didn't spoil anything, but we denied them their little party on our turf, so that's cool.