2022 NBA Summer League

The reason guys like Cade, Stew and Saddiq are going are because Casey and Weaver want to give them a little game action together. James Edwards theorizes that they aren't going to see a ton of action maybe a half or so. Personally I don't think it's necessary but whatever. 

Also if you're wondering why Duren isn't on the team it's because he can't join the team until the trade is finalized, not sure when that will be but it's the same reason our 2nd round pick of Gabrielle Procida isn't on it either cause he was drafted with the 2nd round pick acquired for Grant. 

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Keegan Murray had 26 and 8 in his first SL game.  10-14 from the field, 4-5 from three.  

Murray's going to be really good as long as he can overcome the curse of the Kings. It's not exactly going out on a limb considering how NBA ready he is supposed to be but I think he's my pick for ROY. 

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The reason guys like Cade, Stew and Saddiq are going are because Casey and Weaver want to give them a little game action together. James Edwards theorizes that they aren't going to see a ton of action maybe a half or so. Personally I don't think it's necessary but whatever. 

Also if you're wondering why Duren isn't on the team it's because he can't join the team until the trade is finalized, not sure when that will be but it's the same reason our 2nd round pick of Gabrielle Procida isn't on it either cause he was drafted with the 2nd round pick acquired for Grant. 

Going with the Boeheim Blitz this summer league?

29 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The Lakers also have Shaqs kid on the roster.

Those were good highlights.  I don't know how that translates to making a roster, but that snippet seemed to show some passing ability and some instincts.

Murray with 24 and 7.  56% from the floor 50% from three.

Chet goes tonight at 9PM on ESPN.  I saw a tweet saying the entire OKC roster is available tonight.  Giddey is on the roster so he must be playing as well.  I am really interested to see Jalen Williams.  But yeah, I will tune in to see the Thin Towers.

Watched the 1st quarter of the OKC game and I thought they were fun to watch. Don't want to put a ton of stock on just 1 quarter of a summer league game but OKC could rank pretty high this year on anybody's "League Pass ranking".  

Edited by RandyMarsh

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watched the 1st quarter of the OKC game and I thought they were fun to watch. Don't want to put a ton of stock on just 1 quarter of a summer league game but OKC could rank pretty high this year on anybody's "League Pass ranking".  

The best thing about OKC.  Their summer league roster is basically their regular season roster.  Just add Dort and SGA.

It's kinda hard to really gauge Chet in these games cause the biggest question mark against him is how he will handle the physical play of the NBA and playing against older more physically imposing players, considering most summer league guys are essentially college kids it really doesn't tell you anything in that regard. 

You need to see a player in the playoffs before you can really judge them.  That is why it is important to make the playoffs before your young guys start to hit free agency.  The playoffs are so different than the regular season, you need to see how they perform to properly judge them

• Thanks 1

Giddey is so damn good.

People tend to forget him because he was hurt the last couple of months of the season.  But he was as good as any other rookie last year.  Last two months he played he put up 13/8/6 and 16/8/7.  

Basically the same situation as Cade.  Needs to seriously up his efficiency and three point shooting.

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Giddey is so damn good.

People tend to forget him because he was hurt the last couple of months of the season.  But he was as good as any other rookie last year.  Last two months he played he put up 13/8/6 and 16/8/7.  

Basically the same situation as Cade.  Needs to seriously up his efficiency and three point shooting.

Giddey's probably as good of passer as any player in the league at this point, granted I only watched him 4 or 5 times last year so may be a bit hyperbole but I was amazed at his passing ability.  Like not necessarily the flashy highlight reel passes but the plays he made to generate easy/open looks for his teammates that 99% of guys in the league never could.