7/11 @ 8:10 Tigers @ Royals DH Game #2

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

The overall numbers aren't great for Clemens of course, he's sub .200 at the moment. But OTOH, he's been fairly decent since his 0-17 start as well. 

The Grossman thing just sucks because the reasons for him staying have nothing to do with merit at this point; it's all about circumstances. He's seen as a viable trade chip (whether we feel that way or not) and, quite possibly, is a manager favorite as well

While he may be a manager favorite, I think highlighting Grossman for trade value is really the only reason he's playing. There's no other logical reason, and I don't believe Hinch is managing unprofessionally and playing Grossman over obviously better-qualified candidates in the system simply because he likes him.

This may get to the point where Al does one of this practically-patented get-what-ever-we-can deal last-second for Grossman. If Al can't swing even that, I would expect to see Grossman's playing time plummet, and he may even be DFA'ed.

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

While he may be a manager favorite, I think highlighting Grossman for trade value is really the only reason he's playing. There's no other logical reason, and I don't believe Hinch is managing unprofessionally and playing Grossman over obviously better-qualified candidates in the system simply because he likes him.

This may get to the point where Al does one of this practically-patented get-what-ever-we-can deal last-second for Grossman. If Al can't swing even that, I would expect to see Grossman's playing time plummet, and he may even be DFA'ed.

In fairness to Avila, Hinch (ah, remember when he was the author of all things good?), or any Other GM looking to peddle Grossman, what are they reasonably going to get for him?

20 minutes ago, casimir said:

In fairness to Avila, Hinch (ah, remember when he was the author of all things good?), or any Other GM looking to peddle Grossman, what are they reasonably going to get for him?

Today? Probably nothing. August 2, after he has something like a .280/.370/.430 run? Maybe something.

21 minutes ago, casimir said:

Nothing—if he were waived, he’d clear.  No one would pick up his contract. I could see a team taking a chance on him for the minimum.