Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Have to accept that this is the reason.  However,  Biden should put someone in they hate.  The Russians will be awful and jerkish no matter who we put in there.  Might as well put in John Bolton.

Definitely might as well put in someone they won’t like. I don’t see how it will hurt us.

32 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Reports from US intelligence that the Russians are buying artillery shells from N. Korea. The good part is that the clear implication is that China has declined to offer similar support.

Russia turns to N. Korea

SO, this will be kinda nerdy humor but colleagues and i were riffing on the idea that Xi had to keep everything cool until after the CCP congress in October.  We decided it would be an excellent idea for a teen exploitation movie. 

"An entire nation is mired in rigid orthodoxy until one kid showed them how to really party.  This Christmas, Timothy Chalomet stars in Planet Footloose: How I stopped worrying and learned how to dance"

I'd accept Doctor Footloose if you weren't worried about hitting that too on the nose.

Edited by romad1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Obviously you can't trust the picture you get from tweets and wire services in near real time, but even given that, there seems to be scant evidence of any Russian C&C capability to respond.

I’m optimistic based on a lot of different threads of data

Edited by romad1

This also points out that, not only are they retaking territory, but the Russians are abandoning equipment to flee (where they can); but where they cannot retreat, the Ukrainians are taking a significant number of POW's... especially on the western side of the Dnieper River, near Kherson or Dnipro region, since they took out all the bridges as a means of retreating:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukrainian-troops-capture-russian-army-175100801.html

Edited by 1984Echoes

44 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

This also points out that, not only are they retaking territory, but the Russians are abandoning equipment to flee (where they can); but where they cannot retreat, the Ukrainians are taking a significant number of POW's... especially on the western side of the Dnieper River, near Kherson or Dnipro region, since they took out all the bridges as a means of retreating:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukrainian-troops-capture-russian-army-175100801.html

And Putin is out there with his "If you don't start being nice to us we will just extend great Russian victory even further."🤷‍♀️