Week Three: Detroit Lions (1-1) @ Minnesota Vikings (1-1)

MichiganCardinal

Maybe I am missing something, but on paper what makes the Vikings a clear favorite? Goff and Cousins come out about even in terms of QB play. Our running game is better than theirs is thus far with Swift out performing Cook. Our passing attack is just as lethal as theirs is, we have St. Brown and Reynolds, they have Jefferson and Thielen. Even if Justin Jefferson is considered a top 2-3 receiver in the league, the Sun God has played as well as he has thus far this year. I think we have the advantage on the Oline with both pass and run blocking. Both of our defenses are banged up with injuries and I think talent are about even. We're without Comisky, Levi, and Pashcal and they are without Harrison Smith.

I think we can and will win this game on Sunday. For once I'm not just being knee jerk negative towards the Lions.

4 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Maybe I am missing something, but on paper what makes the Vikings a clear favorite? Goff and Cousins come out about even in terms of QB play. Our running game is better than theirs is thus far with Swift out performing Cook. Our passing attack is just as lethal as theirs is, we have St. Brown and Reynolds, they have Jefferson and Thielen. Even if Justin Jefferson is considered a top 2-3 receiver in the league, the Sun God has played as well as he has thus far this year. I think we have the advantage on the Oline with both pass and run blocking. Both of our defenses are banged up with injuries and I think talent are about even. We're without Comisky, Levi, and Pashcal and they are without Harrison Smith.

I think we can and will win this game on Sunday. For once I'm not just being knee jerk negative towards the Lions.

I agree we may win. The biggest difference I see is where the game is being played. The Lions on the road against a team that beat Green Bay in Minnesota. Not gonna be as easy as some people think. It's really hard to win on the road in the NFL.

Last year the Lions went into Minnesota winless.  Their QB was not playing well at all.  They were not using Aman Ra St. Brown at full capacity yet and it took a last second 54 yard FG for the Vikings to win.    Coach cried.     Then, when the Vikings came here and had everything to play for - a playoff berth, their coach's job, the Lions beat 'em for their first win of the season.    This is a winnable game,  so go win it.