Week Three: Detroit Lions (1-1) @ Minnesota Vikings (1-1)

MichiganCardinal

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Dan Miller deserves a winning product as much as any of us. He’s been there through it all. Cool to see behind the scenes.

Haha that's awesome btw I always wondered what the announcers meant by "spotter" when going through the credits at the end of the game, I kinda figured it was guys that told the announcers who made each play and this video confirms that by showing the dudes with binoculars pointing to the players name on the card almost immediately after the play is made. 

7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Last year many of Stafford's picks were the "arm punts" where you just heave it 40+ yards downfield on 3rd and long in hopes of drawing a penalty or making a miracle catch, if it gets picked no real harm done but this year from what I seen its been the more harmful type of interceptions. 

you guys would do the same thing last year: if the rams had a bad game or lost there would be a lot of talk of their demise.  stafford's too.  and they won the super bowl.

as long as stafford, kupp, ramsey, and donald are healthy the rams should be a playoff team.  injuries might do them in, but theyre still pretty good.

13 hours ago, buddha said:

you guys would do the same thing last year: if the rams had a bad game or lost there would be a lot of talk of their demise.  stafford's too.  and they won the super bowl.

as long as stafford, kupp, ramsey, and donald are healthy the rams should be a playoff team.  injuries might do them in, but theyre still pretty good.

I think the difference this year is that there is something tangible to point to with the Staff elbow injury. He's tough as nails so he's going to play through it but the times he did that here is play naturally suffered so that could be what we could be in store for this year. When those balls you're used to throwing in tight windows don't quite have the same zip on it they end up in defenders arms instead of the receivers and that's what been happening thus far. 

And for the record I'm not predicting his demise just saying that if this injury is legit and it lasts most of the season he could struggle and looking at the Rams schedule there aren't a whole lot of easy games like the Atlanta one where they will have some margin for error 

Edited by RandyMarsh

15 hours ago, buddha said:

His INT rate is more than double his career average and his average yards per attempt are a career low. Considering he came into the year with an elbow injury, there is reason to be concerned. The Rams were completely outclassed by Buffalo and had to hold on for dear life to beat Atlanta.

57 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

His INT rate is more than double his career average and his average yards per attempt are a career low. Considering he came into the year with an elbow injury, there is reason to be concerned. The Rams were completely outclassed by Buffalo and had to hold on for dear life to beat Atlanta.

its been 2 games.

if he's hurt or they suffer some key injuries, it would be time to worry.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, RandyMarsh said:

Cousins and the Vikings for that matter always seem to be one of the most jekyll and hyde teams in the NFL, theres weeks where he and them look elite and others where they look like trash, here's hoping for the latter on Sunday.

I was worried about this game after their week 1 win over the Pack.  Hoping week 2 Minny shows up Sunday.

11 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I was worried about this game after their week 1 win over the Pack.  Hoping week 2 Minny shows up Sunday.

I worry about playing a team right after they got embarrassed on national TV. I have no idea if there is actual any real data to support this but it always feels to me like teams respond positively the next week after something like that. 

• Like 2