09/23/2022 8:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

casimir

8 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

It's like catnip for him

Yeah it's weird that he can never lay off of it no matter who the pitcher is. I know it's a tough pitch to lay off of cause pitchers make a living getting guys to chase that but he just can't lay off it to save his life. He obviously doesn't have the eye sight to pick up any differences in spin but with 2 strikes you think he'd just pick a part of the plate, if the ball doesnt start in the inner third than just lay off of it cause it's probably the slider out of zone, if you end up taking a called third strike so be it. Yes I know it's easy to say behind the CPU but it just seems like there has to be a way to help him with that. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

31 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah it's weird that he can never lay off of it no matter who the pitcher is. I know it's a tough pitch to lay off of cause pitchers make a living getting guys to chase that but he just can't lay off it to save his life. He obviously doesn't have the eye sight to pick up any differences in spin but with 2 strikes you think he'd just pick a part of the plate, if the ball doesnt start in the inner third than just lay off of it cause it's probably the slider out of zone, if you end up taking a called third strike so be it. Yes I know it's easy to say behind the CPU but it just seems like there has to be a way to help him with that. 

He's cut down on his strike outs this year, which is nice, but he also has cut down on his power, which is not nice, and for whatever reason, he continues bafflingly to swing at this one terrible pitch.