11/14/2022 7:00 EST Toronto Raptors vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

5 hours ago, buddha said:

the 1979 draft sucked after magic went #1.  kelser being picked one selection before moncrief does hurt though.

third best player in that draft?  late 3rd round pick bill laimbeer.

Shout out to 165th overall pick Charles Jones for carving out a 15 year career and making over $3M doing so.

9 hours ago, Deleterious said:

It was speculated that his right knee was the culprit based on his reaction, but it never appeared that he really hit it against anything or tweaked it out of place or anything like that when he hit the barrier.  I don't recall anything with his foot, but I was looking at the knees to see if there was anything to see.  The fact that he went right to the locker room on his meant was a bit worrisome.

Well, so much for getting the front line back together again.

The Raptors are just so long and athletic and they play like every possession matters. Second half lineup with some athleticism (Ivey, Hami, Duren) was able to make a run, but it wasn't enough in the end. Ivey took over in the 4th and if anyone could hit a shot (Bogey missed a ton of open threes), Pistons could've taken this one.

Sad to see Stew get hurt right when they tried him at the PF next to another big man. I really wanted to see that lineup for a few games.

Speaking of big men I dont know how he has been defensively but offensively looking at the stat sheet he's been pretty impressive and efficient and that's Bol Bol for Orlando. I was a little disappointed when the trade fell through cause I thought he had some potential and it appears he is hitting it. At the very least his length wouldve been of some use for us 

5 hours ago, Betrayer said:

The Raptors are just so long and athletic and they play like every possession matters.

Yeah, that was eye opening.  Surely that had an effect resulting in some of the Piston turnovers early on.  They might have seen scouting of it, but not sure they were prepared for it on the floor.

6 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Speaking of big men I dont know how he has been defensively but offensively looking at the stat sheet he's been pretty impressive and efficient and that's Bol Bol for Orlando. I was a little disappointed when the trade fell through cause I thought he had some potential and it appears he is hitting it. At the very least his length wouldve been of some use for us 

I was annoyed by that too...

I wanted to give Bol Bol a shot...