NBA Info - December 2022

Deleterious

26 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

The league needs a contraction to create more competitive teams, not an expansion. Expansion isn't going to stop 3 All Stars from joining up on one team, and so you'll just have even more bottom feeder teams, blow out losses, and less parity in the league.

I think expansion will happen. Whether that’s right or wrong, that’s another story.  But Silver is just doing his part to increase expansion fees and drive up value for the league.

• Like 1

Watching last nights Mavs game against Houston.  Luka is insane.  50 points, 8 rebounds, 10 assists in the win.  He shot 56% from the field and 50% from three, so it was not a chuck fest.

Dallas is awful and without Luka would challenge Detroit for the worst record in the league.  Of course 3 of their 5 starters last night were former Pistons, so that makes sense.  They have done a horrible job building around Doncic.   I wont be shocked if he demands a trade this summer.

Let me toss this out there.  Say Detroit gets the #1 pick and Luka demands a trade.  Would ya?  I mean it will cost you Victor plus Ivey and I imagine at least two future 1st round picks.  But its Luka.

Luka and Cade together would be a lot of fun.  Both are buckets and both can average 10 assists per game.  You can put the ball in either ones hands at the end of a game.  You still have Stew, Duren, Bey, and Hayes if he continues to improve.  But here is the kicker.  Luka is the only one on a huge contract.  So you have space to sign another max guy.  Or split it up and sign two really good, but not max guys.  With Luka we would be a free agent destination.

I would do it in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 11:26 AM, Deleterious said:

Let me toss this out there.  Say Detroit gets the #1 pick and Luka demands a trade.  Would ya?  I mean it will cost you Victor plus Ivey and I imagine at least two future 1st round picks.  But its Luka.

Luka and Cade together would be a lot of fun.  Both are buckets and both can average 10 assists per game.  You can put the ball in either ones hands at the end of a game.  You still have Stew, Duren, Bey, and Hayes if he continues to improve.  But here is the kicker.  Luka is the only one on a huge contract.  So you have space to sign another max guy.  Or split it up and sign two really good, but not max guys.  With Luka we would be a free agent destination.

You do whatever you have to do when it comes to bringing in a 23 year old MVP candidate. If they want Cade instead of Ivey, I'm fine with that. Luka is what you hope Cade could become someday if we're all very, very lucky and the stars align. Or, you could just get Luka at 23? Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate. I'd be fine going forward with Luka, Ivey, Duren, Stew, and whatever else is left, plus a bunch of cap space to bring in another star.

Edited to add: It's kind of like asking if I'd trade the #1 pick and Ivey for Ja Morant. The answer is yes. In a heartbeat.

Edited by Betrayer

On 12/24/2022 at 11:26 AM, Deleterious said:

Yes. Next question

That is irrelevant.  He does not have a no trade clause and he has 4 years left on his contract after this year.  If Weaver can't build a team around him in four years where he wants to stay, well we need to have an entirely different discussion.

You have to imagine we would be the #1 team Dallas wants to deal with if we held the #1 pick.  Assuming no other teams are wanting to part with a Zion/Jokic/Giannis type player.  Maybe if OKC had #2 and could offer Scoot, SGA, and multiple first round picks that would be more attractive.  But Victor is the biggest prize since Lebron.