NBA Info - December 2022

Deleterious

shams in the athletic reporting the lakers want bogdonavic and are willing to give up a first for him (in like 2027...).  pistons have multiple suitors that will likely have better offers.

reportedly weaver doesnt want to move him.  since that comes from jeiii i assume its from weaver and i hope (and also assume) its a smokescreen.

8 hours ago, buddha said:

shams in the athletic reporting the lakers want bogdonavic and are willing to give up a first for him (in like 2027...).  pistons have multiple suitors that will likely have better offers...

I would be interested in the 2027 Lakers 1st rounder... on the basis that I believe that will be past their competitive lifespan and will most likely be a top 3 pick... I'm projecting there but... I think I'm in the ballpark. The last time we had a pick like that we drafted Milicic though... (1997 trade got them the 2003 #2 pick...)

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I doubt the Lakers want to let Beverly go and he would 100% have to be included to make salaries match.  This is what I mean when I said Bojan is really hard to trade to a contender.  

Would be sweet if Detroit could snatch Walker + a pick.

I don't see this trade working unless it's a poo-poo platter. For the Lakers. They either have to trade Beverly and Walker (or make-up players to get to Bojan's #'s but if they are not willing to trade Beverley...) or... do they want to dump Westbrook? I doubt it. But then they're getting a poo-poo platter and I don't think Weaver does that unless he gets back the players he wants/ needs...

Westbrook poo-poo platter: Lakers trade Westbrook, Walker & Bryant plus 2027 1st rounder for Bojan, Bagley, Noel, Diallo, Joseph & Livers. And they'll end up dumping Diallo & Livers immediately...

Zero chance of that trade but I was just having some fun...

6 minutes ago, casimir said:

What could this team be next season if they win the Wembanyama sweepstakes and the rest of the cast and crew are healthy?

Playin game contender.  I think it might take Victor a bit to realize his potential.  I don't see him coming in like a Shaq or David Robinson and averaging 24 and 12.  And I don't like the current crew outside of Cade and Stewart.  Although I do think I will like Duren 3 years from now.

17 minutes ago, casimir said:

It was kind of ridiculous last night.  He was whining before the tip and didn’t stop.

What angered me was the way he intentionally backed in and undercut guys who were jumping for the rim on more than one occasion last night. Such a dirty player.

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I imagine this is how a trade with LA would look plus a protected 1st.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2j5g2ajv

I thought the Lakers did NOT want to trade Beverley?

Or did I read that wrong? They do, or don't want to trade him?

If they do, they can make that trade work.

Weaver's reluctance to trade Bojan though means maybe he can talk the Lakers out of protections... or we would (all here on this forum...) at least hope for that. PS EDIT: He should also demand Center Thomas Bryant IMO...

Edited by 1984Echoes

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

I thought the Lakers did NOT want to trade Beverley?

Or did I read that wrong? They do, or don't want to trade him?

If they do, they can make that trade work.

Weaver's reluctance to trade Bojan though means maybe he can talk the Lakers out of protections... or we would (all here on this forum...) at least hope for that.

That was me saying they wouldn't want to.  If they want Bojan they almost have to trade him though to make the money work.  

It's either:

Trade Beverley in a simple package.

Trade Westbrook for a poo-poo-platter (for the Lakers).

Or send a poo-poo-platter to the Pistons and we release 3 out of 5 guys immediately, keeping Walker & Bryant and the '27 1st rounder (protected or not...). It works by adding Nunn and Brown and Toscana-Anderson or similar, who we release immediately after the trade. We like that trade but the Lakers won't like it and won't do it...

21 hours ago, buddha said:

shams in the athletic reporting the lakers want bogdonavic and are willing to give up a first for him (in like 2027...).  pistons have multiple suitors that will likely have better offers.

reportedly weaver doesnt want to move him.  since that comes from jeiii i assume its from weaver and i hope (and also assume) its a smokescreen.

What's the point of moving him for a pick that far into the future and a protected one at that? Unless they parlay it for something more immediate, like they did with the 2025 Portland pick in the Duren trade, then I'd rather just hold on to Bogdanovic for another year. They're going to need to start winning at some point so they need good vets next season, he's a high level locked up at reasonable dollars.

Burks is the more likely trade bait anyway. Maybe they could get a couple of 2nds for him. Diallo is another guy I could see being on the way out.

8 minutes ago, NYLion said:

What's the point of moving him for a pick that far into the future and a protected one at that? Unless they parlay it for something more immediate, like they did with the 2025 Portland pick in the Duren trade, then I'd rather just hold on to Bogdanovic for another year. They're going to need to start winning at some point so they need good vets next season, he's a high level locked up at reasonable dollars.

Burks is the more likely trade bait anyway. Maybe they could get a couple of 2nds for him. Diallo is another guy I could see being on the way out.

The other thing about the pick being that far out is that the draft system might look completely different by then.  Remember when they brought up the 30 season rotation idea?  Sure, it seems far fetched.  But so does a mid season tournament which keeps getting brought up right after it seems to die down.

4 hours ago, NYLion said:

i wouldnt trade him for that lakers pick unless it was unprotected.  then i might consider it, but probably not.  its too speculative.