The impending death of Bally Sports

Motor City Sonics

12 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I was just looking into needed speeds for streaming. And it was really eye opening the speeds to stream many popular platforms is really low;

https://www.howtogeek.com/796237/what-internet-speed-do-i-need-for-streaming-services/

Yeah I think there's myth out there that you need massive bandwidth for any activity. I'm very certain that that myth is pushed by the ISPs. 

I remember one time in particular when I was just reupping for the same speed and the person said that I'd run into real trouble trying to do all the things that I wanted with the speed I was picking... even though I'd been doing all the things that I wanted with that speed previously.

Now, I will mention that the majority of plans have a much slow upload speed than download. This isn't an issue for most people because most of us download significantly more than we ever upload. But if you're a rare individual who does need to upload large files often and/or often doing high quality video conferencing then you might run into an upload bottleneck.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I do like that ATT provides uploads to go as fast as downloads.

image.thumb.png.3d13c2440544f01b85081d8fcd90813d.png

Indeed. The 'U' provides me with a bunch of free google storage but I could never use it for much when I had comcast service because it would take all day to actually upload a back-up or anything else large to it. Not only was the Comcast service asymmetric to start off, but then it would crush my upload even more as it went.

5 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Indeed. The 'U' provides me with a bunch of free google storage but I could never use it for much when I had comcast service because it would take all day to actually upload a back-up or anything else large to it. Not only was the Comcast service asymmetric to start off, but then it would crush my upload even more as it went.

I don't know about other services but Comcast has been extremely reliable for me. I never lose my internet connection or have lagging issues. The problem I see with it is the frigging price. Extremely expensive.

16 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I don't know about other services but Comcast has been extremely reliable for me. I never lose my internet connection or have lagging issues. The problem I see with it is the frigging price. Extremely expensive.

I guess you get what you pay for, right? I feel the same way with AT&T. Super reliable, blazing fast, pricy as ****. I wanted a Cadillac, I’m paying for a Cadillac.

The main thing I hate is, because I also subscribe to DirecTV, they have consolidated login credentials for each into a single U/P, so no matter whether I try to log into DirecTV or Uverse to get an account overview, it takes me to DirecTV without giving me the choice. I think it’s because they are one of those companies that are trying to migrate users away from PCs—or more specifically, away from web browsers—and onto mobile apps to manage everything, probably because mobile OS is harder to hack or to work around the process they want to track you into.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I guess you get what you pay for, right? I feel the same way with AT&T. Super reliable, blazing fast, pricy as ****. I wanted a Cadillac, I’m paying for a Cadillac.

The main thing I hate is, because I also subscribe to DirecTV, they have consolidated login credentials for each into a single U/P, so no matter whether I try to log into DirecTV or Uverse to get an account overview, it takes me to DirecTV without giving me the choice. I think it’s because they are one of those companies that are trying to migrate users away from PCs—or more specifically, away from web browsers—and onto mobile apps to manage everything, probably because mobile OS is harder to hack or to work around the process they want to track you into.

I get to my account info via

https://www.att.com/log-in/

does that take you to DirectTV?

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Clear your cache? Getting redirected is very frustrating. I haven't had it happen since I started using DuckDuckGo as my browser.

I just tried it on my own DDG browser—same thing. So the problem’s on the server side and not the client side.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I just tried it on my own DDG browser—same thing. So the problem’s on the server side and not the client side.

Now that I think about it, a couple of years ago I had a bunch of trouble with my ATT account and it turned out that they still had a zombie/dormant UVerse account of mine from like 10yrs prior in the system that had somehow gotten reactivated and everything was sending me there to a basically empty account shell. Was only able to get is sorted out with a live agent working on the other end. So yeah - they have ways to screw things up we can't even imagine. And that old account was still not able to be killed, had to just change its ID to something I would never use as a login again.

Edited by gehringer_2

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Now that I think about it, a couple of years ago I had a bunch of trouble with my ATT account and it turned out that they still had a zombie/dormant UVerse account of mine from like 10yrs prior in the system that had somehow gotten reactivated and everything was sending me there to a basically empty account shell. Was only able to get is sorted out with a live agent working on the other end. So yeah - they have ways to screw things up we can't even imagine. And that old account was still not able to be killed, had to just change its ID to something I would never use as a login again.

I was able to get into it two days ago! Ah, whatever …