02/15/2023 7:30 EDT Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics

casimir

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Curious to see if Wiseman plays and if so, how they utilize him.

Seems like they should roll him out.  Sure, he might not know much of the playbook.  But its only 2 or 3 passes on offense, and its constant switching on defense until the bigs are on the perimeter and/or the littles are in the post. 

3 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Curious to see if Wiseman plays and if so, how they utilize him.

He has to be the backup Center for now. Just way too raw, new to the playbook, etc.

Duren starts for now, with Stew at PF.

What happens 10-20 games down the road... is anybody's guess IMO.

But for now, I think Wiseman backs up Duren at Center.

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

But for now, I think Wiseman backs up Duren at Center.

That's my hope for how he's used. I'm done with Stew at Center. I want 30 minutes of Duren starting at Center and all the backup minutes to Wiseman.

But I've heard reports about the organization wanting to start him (next to Duren). Not sure I buy those reports and maybe it was taken out of context about something they "might" do when we play a team like the Cavs. Still, I'm curious to see what this coaching staff does.

I think the other thing to keep in mind with Duren (and Ivey) is that they’re rookies playing minutes for a season like they haven’t before.  Wiseman should get adequate minutes down the stretch.  If they happen to overlap and be on the court at the same time for a few minutes at a time, that’s fine.  Given Bagely’s injury history, we should expect games where only 3 bigs are available with Stewart starting at PF.

... I've heard reports about the organization wanting to start him (next to Duren). Not sure I buy those reports and maybe it was taken out of context ...

That has to be down the road sometime... not today or anywhere in the near future.

Wiseman is just too raw and inexperienced from 3 years of lack of playing time to just jump in and start at Center with Duren at PF...

It's gotta be a reference to down the road or, a special situation like trying to match up with the Cavs as you say, cannot be a regular occurrence until JW gets up to speed. Which is gonna take awhile...

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

starting to get worried that the bulls will miss the playoffs and the league will give them wembanyama.

Funny you say that cause No joke I just went to tankathon to see where we were at after the Charlotte/San Antonio game(we moved up to 3) and since I was there I figured I sim it a few times, the first time I did the Bulls got the 1st pick and we dropped to 6. Then out of curiosity I wanted to see how long it would take for us to get 1 and it took me 9 tries. 

Wiseman looked solid in his first game. Outside of some "getting acclimated" mistakes, I saw some positive signs. I'm definitely curious to see how he develops. I like the activity and he seems to have a nice touch on offense. Rebounding instincts didn't look great, but with his size he just gets some anyway. I wouldn't say his shot block timing was great either, but again his sheer size deterred a bunch of drives and caused at least one turnover from the Celtics that I saw. Nice mobility and athleticism for his size as well.

Can we move Killian back to the bench? I don't like the starting lineup pairing with Ivey who operates better with the spacing and vet savvy that Burks provides. Then Killian can just play bench PG where he's at least a little valuable rather than shooting guard where he's absolute trash. If he's going to remain on this team, it's as a bench PG anyway, so get him used to that role. The bonus is that I wouldn't have to watch CoJo anymore.

• MotownWebGuy changed the title to 02/15/2023 7:30 EDT Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics

Wiseman looked solid in his first game. Outside of some "getting acclimated" mistakes, I saw some positive signs. I'm definitely curious to see how he develops. I like the activity and he seems to have a nice touch on offense. Rebounding instincts didn't look great, but with his size he just gets some anyway. I wouldn't say his shot block timing was great either, but again his sheer size deterred a bunch of drives and caused at least one turnover from the Celtics that I saw. Nice mobility and athleticism for his size as well.

Can we move Killian back to the bench? I don't like the starting lineup pairing with Ivey who operates better with the spacing and vet savvy that Burks provides. Then Killian can just play bench PG where he's at least a little valuable rather than shooting guard where he's absolute trash. If he's going to remain on this team, it's as a bench PG anyway, so get him used to that role. The bonus is that I wouldn't have to watch CoJo anymore.

Agree with all of this 100%.

Especially Killian back to the bench as the #2 PG and Burks paired with Ivey instead.

• Like 1