March Game Threads

this team.... always giving it up the last seconds of a period and the last seconds of the PP. Three goals in this game after a PP almost or completely killed. It's like they always exhale a few beats too early.

And Seider can't be taking that penalty in OT.

Edited by gehringer_2

40 minutes ago, buddha said:

wont be mad if they lose this game.  i want the isles to make the playoffs so we get vancouver's unprotected #1 in 2024.

Are you sure about that? I thought if the islanders miss the playoffs the pick will move to 2024. If the Islanders make the playoffs, the Wings pick this year. I may be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

It’s amazing how Tampa has helped wreck our playoff hopes. In their past 5 games they have defeated the Wings but lost to Pittsburgh twice, to Florida and to Buffalo. Now they’re losing to Buffalo again today, 5-1 in the 3rd. 

the red wings are doing a fine job on their own of wrecking their playoff hopes, they dont need help.

giving up 32 shots to the islanders doesnt help.

Ras and Hronek are major losses, Sunqvist is a midlevel loss, and your #1 goaltender is hurting. If they were roughly a 500 team last week, they certainly are not now. This is why you need a hard core guy as GM willing to take the shot from the fans and media for torpedoing his team in the short run.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

wont be mad if they lose this game.  i want the isles to make the playoffs so we get vancouver's unprotected #1 in 2024.

Does the protected 2023 Islanders pick turn into a 2024 Canucks unprotected? Or a 2024 Islanders unprotected?

I was under the impression that the Islanders pick stays the Islanders pick, whether we land that in 2023 (protected) or 2024 (unprotected)? NOT that it changes into the Canucks pick...?

Also, your logic is wrong. If the 2023 pick is protected and the Islanders make the playoffs we GET the 2023 pick... No?

44 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Ras and Hronek are major losses, Sunqvist is a midlevel loss, and your #1 goaltender is hurting. If they were roughly a 500 team last week, they certainly are not now. This is why you need a hard core guy as GM willing to take the shot from the fans and media for torpedoing his team in the short run.

It needed to be done.

They're just not quite ready yet...

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I'd like to see Ned, Soderblom, and Edvinsson come back up (or "up" in Edv's case...). Ned & Soderblom for the rest of the season.

I was a little surprised that Yzerman seemed so cold to the idea in his presser. Maybe he's just naturally contrarian but what else makes more sense? The roster is down 5 spots, someone has to suit up.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I was a little surprised that Yzerman seemed so cold to the idea in his presser. Maybe he's just naturally contrarian but what else makes more sense? The roster is down 5 spots, someone has to suit up.

maybe theyre not ready to come up?

maybe he knows theyre going to lose a TON of games this month and doesnt want them around for that?  or maybe he just wants to lose to get a better pick?

38 minutes ago, buddha said:

maybe theyre not ready to come up?

maybe he knows theyre going to lose a TON of games this month and doesnt want them around for that?  or maybe he just wants to lose to get a better pick?

If Husso doesn't play for a while they could drop ...maybe to 27? Gets to 7.5% for #1

8 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I was under the impression that the Islanders pick stays the Islanders pick, whether we land that in 2023 (protected) or 2024 (unprotected)? NOT that it changes into the Canucks pick...?

Oooh, that's a good and important point and it seems to be hard to get clarity on that. If it's just the Isles pick regardless, I definitely want them to make the playoffs now so we can pick this year. I don't think the NYI will drop too far next year, if at all.