March Game Threads

49 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Suter got a tap in to make it 2-1 at least.  Edvinsson looks good to me, played some good defense on Tkachuk and of course Tkachuk has to go after him a little after the buzzer

You can see the high end skills: outstanding reach, passing, puck-carry... some physicality.

I also saw him get out-physicaled for the puck right next to the Detroit goal... I don't remember who took it from him but Simon ended up on his knees...

I'm going to maintain that you'll see his skills but he needs another 10 pounds of muscle on that frame in order to reach the top of his game in the NHL. Half and half upper body and legs: More strength up top to absorb hits and legs to keep his skates underneath him... That, and just the usual experience...

IMO.

8 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

You can see the high end skills: outstanding reach, passing, puck-carry... some physicality.

I also saw him get out-physicaled for the puck right next to the Detroit goal... I don't remember who took it from him but Simon ended up on his knees...

I'm going to maintain that you'll see his skills but he needs another 10 pounds of muscle on that frame in order to reach the top of his game in the NHL. Half and half upper body and legs: More strength up top to absorb hits and legs to keep his skates underneath him... That, and just the usual experience...

IMO.

I hope Edvinsson can add some bulk to his frame, he makes some strong plays but there's definite room on his frame for more muscle and it shows against NHLers like you said.  

At least he's not Oesterle and Maataa tonight, both are -3 oof

The whole team needs to add muscle.

They've been knocked off the puck almost to a man tonight, have lost almost all corner battles and face-offs (or at least it seems that way...) and it also seems that Florida takes the puck off of Wings players almost at will...

They're not a playoff-ready team until the whole team gets stronger/ tougher/ etc...

Edited by 1984Echoes