March Game Threads

PS: The Islanders pick looks like it has a serious chance of finishing 14-16th... at which we keep it this year.

There's your second player buddha!

If Stevie Y can find the right two that is...

There are a lot of potential power forward/ bigger bodies with talent types around that area: Matthew Wood, Ryan Leonard, Calum Ritchie, Quentin Musty (I'm just rattling off names from scouting reports...).

I'll leave it up to SY to select his guy.

raymond has been a real disappointment this season.  seider's first half of the season was bad, but he really picked it up when he got paired with walman.  but raymond has not been good.  too small and gets pushed around.

this whole season was sort of a feel good affair until that ottawa series.  that was such an utter ass whooping that laid bare the disparity between the two teams that it signaled a big sell off and a reset of expectations.

theyre now on the raymond/seider timeline.  larkin will be around as captain but everyone else is peripheral.  they need all their top yzerman-era picks to hit and to sign someone like a nylander.  some top offensive player.  that's assuming the defensive talent they have pans out.

i have a lot of trust in yzerman and still feel that he inherited one of the worst teams in nhl history and has had zero lottery luck to help.  the only misstep might have been spending last offseason instead of going full tank.  i mean, go back and look at the last three or four holland drafts.  theyre abysmal.

but we'll see.  i have a lot of hope for kasper and edvinsson has surprised me a bit with how well he's looked in his debut.  wallinder, mazur, johansson, buium, sebrango, buchelnikov, there's a lot of promise out there and multiple #1s in multiple drafts coming up.  im still hopeful, but still wary of them being able to do it without getting the league to take pity on them and give them a top two pick this year.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

raymond has been a real disappointment this season.  seider's first half of the season was bad, but he really picked it up when he got paired with walman.  but raymond has not been good.  too small and gets pushed around.

this whole season was sort of a feel good affair until that ottawa series.  that was such an utter ass whooping that laid bare the disparity between the two teams that it signaled a big sell off and a reset of expectations.

theyre now on the raymond/seider timeline.  larkin will be around as captain but everyone else is peripheral.  they need all their top yzerman-era picks to hit and to sign someone like a nylander.  some top offensive player.  that's assuming the defensive talent they have pans out.

i have a lot of trust in yzerman and still feel that he inherited one of the worst teams in nhl history and has had zero lottery luck to help.  the only misstep might have been spending last offseason instead of going full tank.  i mean, go back and look at the last three or four holland drafts.  theyre abysmal.

but we'll see.  i have a lot of hope for kasper and edvinsson has surprised me a bit with how well he's looked in his debut.  wallinder, mazur, johansson, buium, sebrango, buchelnikov, there's a lot of promise out there and multiple #1s in multiple drafts coming up.  im still hopeful, but still wary of them being able to do it without getting the league to take pity on them and give them a top two pick this year.

I’m not sure I feel much better about our young talent in 2023 than I did in 2013 with Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, B. Smith, DeKeyser, Oullett, Sproul, Jurco and Mrazek all on the team or in the system and all ages 23 and under. 

21 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I’m not sure I feel much better about our young talent in 2023 than I did in 2013 with Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, B. Smith, DeKeyser, Oullett, Sproul, Jurco and Mrazek all on the team or in the system and all ages 23 and under. 

i feel better about our talent because i feel better about the people in charge now.

at the end of the day, they have to find a brayden point and hope cossa is vasilevsky.  they struck out on vrana - who seems to look just fine in st louis, btw.  i really want to know what happened here to ruin that relationship.