Lions at Vikings - 10/10/21 - 1:00pm - FOX

MotownWebGuy

48 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'll never understand 3rd & 7 and throwing for 5.    Every team pretty much does it, but I don't get it.   Why would any of your receivers run a route short of the marker?  

You do it because the defense is picketed at the LTG so your man is open in the space short of it. It's up to him to get the yards once the ball is in his hands. Think of it as a running play with a long pitch....:classic_cool:

It can work but it helps a lot If you have a receiver with RB skills. If not - not so much.

4 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

That’s why it’s hard to have excitement right now, because we have to see this dufus throwing the ball every week.   Goff is just so incredibly bad.   Makes you question what Holmes sees in him. 

The only saving grace is that if they had taken a QB it probably would have been Tua, so we'd still be screwed. Then again even Tua is probably going to end up worth more than Okudah.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

The Vikings aren’t very good either.   They have been getting what they want through the air.  Yet on 3rd and long they basically just concede to punting. Both bad football teams. 

The defense is holding up well enough right now..............and the Lions are moving the ball, but they leave so many points out there.  I don't know the metric but it seems like they would be on a record-setting pace this year.