Lions at Vikings - 10/10/21 - 1:00pm - FOX

MotownWebGuy

59 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

People ragging on Aaron Glenn's defense are just being emotional. With the talent he has I am impressed teams aren't scoring 40-50 on us weekly.

It's frustrating that they give up so much on the last drive... too much prevent.

But honestly yeah... the Vikings were stupid not to be throwing a LOT more than they did.  They could have been up so much more.

17 minutes ago, buddha said:

you'll fall in love with a qb this year just like you do every year.

and the lions will draft the other guy.  its what they do.

It's incredibly hard to find an All-Pro QB. When you get one, you build around him. The Lions almost had one in Stafford, if they would have built a proper team around him, he may have been the answer. We'll see how good he is with much more talent around him in Los Angeles. Go Rams!

39 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

It's frustrating that they give up so much on the last drive... too much prevent.

But honestly yeah... the Vikings were stupid not to be throwing a LOT more than they did.  They could have been up so much more.

the good part about the game was that when they did throw the ball, it seemed like the lions were doing well in coverage.  theilen had nothing all game.  jefferson had some catches but osborne had nothing and the lions were getting what looked to be some coverage pressures.

Didn't see the game but it looks like the Lions the lost at the buzzer again. There has to be no bigger guarantee in all of sports than a kicker lining up for a game winning field goal against the Lions.  The Goal post might as well be 2 miles wide cause either way you know it's going to be good. 

• Like 1

They've played well enough to win the last 3 games.    Too many times they were moving the ball - quite well - until they get in the Red Zone and BOOM, something goes wrong, usually a fumble or INT.       

The defense is surprising.  It's not good, but the last three weeks it has gotten better as the game has gone on.....but for those last drives where they go Prevent.   

The biggest problem is the QB and yes, he has no deep threat on this whole team, but he is not getting it done.   Why must this team NEVER seem to have a decent backup?   It's almost like they are afraid to challenge their starter   Why not?  

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The biggest problem is the QB and yes, he has no deep threat on this whole team, but he is not getting it done.   Why must this team NEVER seem to have a decent backup?   It's almost like they are afraid to challenge their starter   Why not?  

Generally speaking, I don't think most teams have a decent backup QB.  There are exceptions of course, but I think it's pretty rare these days that any team has a backup that good enough to step in without losing (much) talent.

But I do get what you're saying.  It does seem like the Lions have rare been even mediocre at backup.  Who was the last one that seemed semi-decent?  Hill?

no team in the nfl has a decent back up qb.  what would be the point?  in the salary cap era, there are only so many resources to go around.  you dont waste those on a guy who isnt going to play.

remember when the lions signed chase daniel to that ridiculous contract all because they wanted a "decent backup qb in case stafford got hurt"?  how did that work out?  

I would much rather have a coach who gets emotional after a tough loss, then the arrogant ass we previously had, who had his team quit on him and acted like we were lucky to have his presence.     If some thing a few tears doesn't mean he's tough, then I think you are out of your mind.  He got emotional because he's not going to lash out at his guys, he's not going to blame anyone and I think he knows he's dealing with something he can't fix right now.   I'd much rather have him make his coaching mistakes now, than  later.  If he makes the same mistakes in Year 3, then I'll have an issue with it.     His players play hard for the dude.  It's better than the emotionless boob we had who actually would talk about his Patriots days to defend his bad coaching, when he had little to nothing to do with why the Patriots won.   (Brady made them great and Belichick was a cheater).     

• Like 1

ceephus broke his collarbone.  probably out for the year.

maybe trinity benson will do something?  we gave up draft picks for this guy who was going to get waived and he hasnt been able to get regular playing time with THIS receiver corps.

doesnt look like a good trade right now.

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

ceephus broke his collarbone.  probably out for the year.

maybe trinity benson will do something?  we gave up draft picks for this guy who was going to get waived and he hasnt been able to get regular playing time with THIS receiver corps.

doesnt look like a good trade right now.

Had to look up the trade cause I didn't remember the details.  We gave a 5th and 7th in 2022, picked up Benson and a 6th in 2023, so that isn't a horrible amount of draft lost, but still... you're point is right that if Benson can't earn a starting spot against this roster of receivers, then he's a a crap receiver and any draft assets given up are too much.

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The Trinity Benson trade, is that as egregious as the Gabe Wright trade up?

I would say that Wright is worse because you essentially used a 3rd round and a 4th round pick on a guy who you cut a little over a year later.  Even if we get nothing out of Benson we spent a lot less on him.