Lions at Vikings - 10/10/21 - 1:00pm - FOX

MotownWebGuy

7 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Holy wow... that would be quite amazing.  Can you imagine even just getting three solid starters in one draft?

I doubt the Colts pick will be a 1st rounder. I believe that is conditional on how many snaps Wentz plays. If the Colts season continues this way, I have to imagine they will bench him to avoid giving up that 1st. 

31 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

That would be a death sentence to that GM's career.  I mean... there would be no coming back from that every, would there?

It’s a dog eat dog world.  People will always do what’s best for them in the league.   I don’t think it would have a last impact. 

49 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Holy wow... that would be quite amazing.  Can you imagine even just getting three solid starters in one draft?

What’s incredible is how poorly Miami planned for the future.  They thought trading up for Waddle (and I like Waddle) is what the franchise needed.  To do so they gave up their 2022 1st rd pick, currently slotted at 3rd overall.   Well on their way to botching their rebuild.  

5 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

What’s incredible is how poorly Miami planned for the future.  They thought trading up for Waddle (and I like Waddle) is what the franchise needed.  To do so they gave up their 2022 1st rd pick, currently slotted at 3rd overall.   Well on their way to botching their rebuild.  

miami botched their rebuild by drafting tua.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Not a chance. A win or 2 at the end won’t be enough to get them out of the top 3.  Jags and Lions will be battling alone.  

Jags don't need a QB which is good for us if they get #1. This team has almost no players that are currently starting that would start anywhere else. So while I don't wish for injuries like we saw today with Frank Ragnow, I do think our rebuild is being sped up given the great draft position we are likely to be getting as a result of this depleted and injured roster.

20 hours ago, sagnam said:

Or missing on 3 top 10 picks in the same draft?

Almost every former Lions GM, given their drafting track record, would have missed on at least 2 of 3 picks. Quinn, Mayhew, Millen (he'd have missed on all 3), Ross, Schmidt, Russ Thomas, all of them would have found a way to end up with one or fewer starters out of that. So Eagles fans better hope Howie Roseman still knows what he's doing because that is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

22 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Jags don't need a QB which is good for us if they get #1. This team has almost no players that are currently starting that would start anywhere else. So while I don't wish for injuries like we saw today with Frank Ragnow, I do think our rebuild is being sped up given the great draft position we are likely to be getting as a result of this depleted and injured roster.

it just mean either we or someone else will trade up for a qb.  hopefully more than one will emerge.

howell, corral, and willis seem to be the three top names at the moment.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

it just mean either we or someone else will trade up for a qb.  hopefully more than one will emerge.

howell, corral, and willis seem to be the three top names at the moment.

If we're picking #2 I would hope they like at least two of the QBs so we don't have to surrender a high draft pick to move up. At this rate though, we're doing a good enough job tanking that we might not have to worry about it.

I have no interest in taking any of the QBs with our first pick, take BPA with our 1st and WR with our second.

2023 looks to be shaping up much better for QBs with guys like Bryce Young, CJ Stroud and more.  Since we're gonna suck next year too might as well wait and get a better guy while also building up the rest of the team first.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I have no interest in taking any of the QBs with our first pick, take BPA with our 1st and WR with our second.

2023 looks to be shaping up much better for QBs with guys like Bryce Young, CJ Stroud and more.  Since we're gonna suck next year too might as well wait and get a better guy while also building up the rest of the team first.

You can’t wait until year 3 of your rebuild to draft a QB.  That’s too long into the process.  

4 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

You can’t wait until year 3 of your rebuild to draft a QB.  That’s too long into the process.  

You can't take a QB just to take a QB, that's how you end up with a Tua.  If there are no good QB's then wait.

Speaking of Tua, maybe that WAS the year the Lions should have taken a QB.  Herbert is looking like the real deal.

Edited by sagnam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sagnam said:

You can't take a QB just to take a QB, that's how you end up with a Tua.  If there are no good QB's then wait.

Speaking of Tua, maybe that WAS the year the Lions should have taken a QB.  Herbert is looking like the real deal.

This team needs so much more than a QB, namely help at WR & Defense. I'm not against them drafting a QB, but I haven't seen any in college this year that are worth that high of a selection.

9 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

As Sagnam said you can't take a qb just to take one, also there is no hard and fast rule on when to take a QB. There are different scenarios all throughout the league that have proved to work but imo the worst way to go is drafting a qb when you still have a ton of holes all over the field. 

9 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Ah, we'd have already broken him by now.    

If the Lions had taken Brady, he'd currently be a banker or something like that.