03/30/2023 3:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

42 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

And opportunity.

It's only one game for each of these teams, but one definitely felt some skepticism toward all of them going in, they are all flawed.

I think Cleveland or Minnesota wins the division when it's all said and done, but I question whether Cleveland regresses some this year and opens the door to the Twins or possibly the White Sox (assuming the wheels don't completely fly off the cart).

Did anyone else notice Schoop's obvious lack of range at second base?   Not that fielding those two ground balls in the inning that the Rays scored some runs would've kept the Tigers from losing, but it would've kept the game close for a better chance to come back.   If Schoop's bat is going to be average at best, I would think that the Tigers would have a younger and quicker second base candidate.  It's time to move on.

5 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

Did anyone else notice Schoop's obvious lack of range at second base?   Not that fielding those two ground balls in the inning that the Rays scored some runs would've kept the Tigers from losing, but it would've kept the game close for a better chance to come back.   If Schoop's bat is going to be average at best, I would think that the Tigers would have a younger and quicker second base candidate.  It's time to move on.

Yeah, I noticed.... something work keeping an eye on.

9 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

I was suspect of his defensive accolades in 2022.  I thought a lot of his “range” might be due to the shift.  So, I would agree that this does bear watching.

I will say, though, he did shed some weight over the off-season and it appeared that he came into camp physically ready to go.  So, give him some due there.  But at some point the skills recede and that may very well be the case with his lateral movements and/or quick twitch and/or reading the ball off of the bat.

2 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

y'all scoffed at me when I suggested he might end up at 3B, where he's probably a better fit.  

4 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

The sooner the better.

Please.

IMO.