03/30/2023 3:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

17 minutes ago, CMU97 said:

I'm still not sure what the connection between Bobby Scales ND the Tigers is. Besides he went to UofM

14 year career in pro ball, two cups of coffee in the show.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/scalebo01.shtml

I think UofM is your connection. A lot of their analytics hires are from UM and the team does have some kind of a partnership there. Fetter didn't exactly burn bridges. If he lives locally and showed interest in the job and is pretty smart, why not? He has recent front office experience, is involved with SABR. I'm looking forward to him calling games, tbh.

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

"Good piece of hitting"     Oh, shut up C-Mo....................Greene got lucky they misplayed it.     I hate homerism sometimes.

I don't think they even necessarily misplayed it. It was practically like a perfectly-placed bunt; the pitcher fell off to the 3rd-base side so he wasn't ever going to get over in time, the 2nd baseman was too far back and away from 1st, so there was not much chance of getting Greene out.

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

"Good piece of hitting"     Oh, shut up C-Mo....................Greene got lucky they misplayed it.     I hate homerism sometimes.

C-Mo is actually getting better. He said Dan told him to shut up as the pitch is being thrown. He apparently listened.

13 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I think UofM is your connection. A lot of their analytics hires are from UM and the team does have some kind of a partnership there. Fetter didn't exactly burn bridges. If he lives locally and showed interest in the job and is pretty smart, why not? He has recent front office experience, is involved with SABR. I'm looking forward to him calling games, tbh.

So far, I'm liking his input. He doesn't sound too polished in the booth, but I think that will come. Already 10x than Monroe on the radio.

Miggy in midseason form as he hits a soft tailor made DP to end the inning. Looking at that replay they showed going to the break and it appears that with the 1B whiffing on the ball Miggy actually was safe. Surprised they didn't challenge it. Probably figured best case scenario was 2 outs with Miggy on 1st and Schoop at the plate so not worth the risk.