03/30/2023 3:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

41 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You can sign up for their app and have the app linked to your Fire Stick (or whatever you use) and I did that for a little while last year, but there were a tonne of problems trying to get the password to work.  Just made me angry.    I am guessing that if you sign up online you should be able to log in through a device, but if you can't, it might be an indication of why they failed.  

I didn't subscribe to their service last year but my brother did and he also reported nothing but problems.  He was doing it more for RedWings than Tigers but had issues connect, constant buffering and dropped connections.

I expect a year of Churn and turnover. April to September will see a very different team as Harris continues to build better , younger depth throughout the system as he eyes 2025. Next years 26 will have a 40 % turnover from today. The rotation could have a 80 % turnover. So the roster changes will be interesting but makes it hard to win lots of games. Injuries could make it harder. Schoop won't last long, Lange-Rodriguez-Boyd-Turnbull and Haas are prime trade candidates by July deadline and Austin Meadows is a HUGH question mark. He might even retire or IL most of the year. Miggy will be part fun and part distraction. But some real positives will emerge ...Maton- Verling- Baez- Tork- Greene- will all perform. Carpenters power will maintain. The Bullpen will be much better than expected. And the returns Harris gets for the players he trades will be solid. The draft will be excellent. Parker Meadows will make the show and star and Badoo will return to stay long term. At the end of the day they will sit at 75 - 87 with a considerably brighter outlook for 2024.  GO GET EM TIGERS !!

• Like 1

I think it's going to take longer than a year to get this moving in a direction we'd like.     The next offseason is really important.   I think, if Chris is serious about wanting to win (and I have my doubts), the Tigers probably wouldn't have anything close to the Lions type of offseason until after the 2024 season when they see where Tork, Greene, Skubal, Jobe and Mize are and if they are the future or not.  I think we won't know until the '24 season is done.  

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

2019 too.  That team may have been worse than 2003.     On baseball reference the Pythagorean W/L for both teams was 49-113,  the 2003 Tigers had a RF/RA of 591/928  and 2019 Tigers were 582/915.    It's a toss-up.   Has any other fanbases had two teams that miserable in one generation?  

2019 is underrated as one of the most god-awful teams in baseball history.

• Thanks 1

There is something wrong with having a season open in that awful stadium.    What will their attendance be today, 16 K ? 

2022 TBR season opener 15, 515

2019 TBR season opener 25,025

2018 TBR season opener 31,042 vs. the Red Sox (probably 20 K were Sox fans)

2017 TBR season opener 31,042 vs. the Yankees (probably 25 K Yankees fans)

Wait a minute, 31 K is the capacity there? 

Get them out of there.  Nashville would sell out every Opening Day

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I did. 

I said injuries will hit and be bad.  I included Greene as one of those.  I said the bullpen will be really bad.   There’s very little track record of success there and maybe last years success in a similar situation was the anomaly.  I said Maton, Vierling, and Meadows will all be failed projects.   Schoop and Haase will disappoint.    Baez and Tork won’t have significant lift to improve the team.   I also think they get off to a very slow start and that makes it tough to build confidence right

Maybe (and hopefully) none of this happens and they play closer to 75 or maybe even 80 than they do 60.    Who knows but that’s how I’m looking at things now and that was the rationale on my mind when I predicted they only 56.  

I wouldn't make 56 my base prediction, but I don't think it's outrageous to think they might be a horrible team again.  Pretty much everyone on the roster is a question mark.  I don't think they will have as many injuries this year, but their bullpen could be a lot worse and maybe their young players won't develop.  I think a few of them will show progres though.