03/30/2023 3:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

42 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Completely agree.

A guy on my bowling team said last week he thinks Tampa has the best covered stadium in baseball. I smiled, nodded, and bowled my frame.

I'll be in Arizona next week for their opening day on Thursday. Many people dislike that stadium, but I don't have any issues with it.  I've been there a few times now and have enjoyed my visits, with the ballpark roof open and closed. 

1 minute ago, MotownWebGuy said:

I'll be in Arizona next week for their opening day on Thursday. Many people dislike that stadium, but I don't have any issues with it.  I've been there a few times now and have enjoyed my visits, with the ballpark roof open and closed. 

I was there once, in 2001. I didn’t love it because it’s humongous like an airplane hangar. But at least it’s not an antiseptic dome like Tampa, or the Homerdome was. I was surprised when they opened the roof one night game, game time temp was over 100. Surprisingly not uncomfortable.

Milwaukee has a covered stadium that has the general feel of Arizona but not so big. I like watching games there, especially on 41-degree April days.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

All the reason you don't just give an out away.     I hope a reporter brings it up in the post game.   

https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/what-mlb-s-new-replay-rule-everything-need-know-nightmare-regulation-managers

Dan was suggesting that the new clock rule for deciding on asking for a replay may have played into it. Apparently the rule is that the manager has to immediately put up a hand to signal that they want to look at it, then they have all of 15 seconds to make a decision.

3 minutes ago, clark1mt said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/what-mlb-s-new-replay-rule-everything-need-know-nightmare-regulation-managers

Dan was suggesting that the new clock rule for deciding on asking for a replay may have played into it. Apparently the rule is that the manager has to immediately put up a hand to signal that they want to look at it, then they have all of 15 seconds to make a decision.

Well then what the hell is the first base coach doing there?        No excuse for it.