Michigan @ Nebraska - 10/9/21

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Have to admit I'm liking State's chances. MSU seems to be on more an upswing recently than M. It was nice that they were able to pull out a win here, which is certainly an improvement, but they had enough chances to make it easy on themselves and they didn't, which is sort of the definition of a not quite really good team. And their inability to connect on the long ball when it's open is really a killer. That said, 3 losses would still be a big set forward compared to where they have been.

original.png

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's a big game, so of course they are. That's Harbaugh's MO.

shot

20 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Way to go Jim Harbaugh and Michigan!!! That was a big win and they hung tough the whole game. Great effort by us tonight and it feels good to hang tough from start to finish. I thought this game was going to get away from them when Nebraska got two back-to-back scores but Michigan answered back offensively and shut them down after that.

chaser.  lol.

its good to see you actually haply for once.  🙂

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

shot

chaser.  lol.

its good to see you actually haply for once.  🙂

I'm ecstatic tonight. This was one of Harbaugh's biggest wins. When his team had their backs up against the wall they showed toughness and responded right back all game long tonight. This was a well coached, well played game outside of a few errant throws that missed their mark by McNamara. Other than that, I was really satisfied with the performance and the result. Great job Harbaugh and Michigan. 

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I've been pleasantly surprised by Harbaugh and his team this year, but it's more a matter that I've been more surprised by what Tucker has done. He had a really empty cupboard.

he brought in half the country's transfer portal guys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I'm ecstatic tonight. This was one of Harbaugh's biggest wins. When his team had their backs up against the wall they showed toughness and responded right back all game long tonight. This was a well coached, well played game outside of a few errant throws that missed their mark by McNamara. Other than that, I was really satisfied with the performance and the result. Great job Harbaugh and Michigan. 

are you feeling ok?  lol.

39 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I still think Nebraska jumped offside on the McNamara pick but I only saw it twice. 

When I went back and looked at the DVR there is no question. They even had the side line shot straight at the ball down the LOS and you could see the Neb player move past the plane of the ball before the center picked it up.

It cut me off,  as I was saying...

Predicting the Rankings  (I don't think that Penn State should drop at all, they went into a very tough place to play and it took losing their starting QB to shift the game to Iowa).   It would not shock me to see Michigan State jump over Michigan this week.  

1. Georgia  +1
2. Iowa  +1
3. Alabama  -2
4. Cincinnati +1
5. Penn State -1
6. Oklahoma  -
7. Ohio State  -
8. Oregon  -
9. Michigan -
10. Michigan State +1
11. Oklahoma State  +1
12. Kentucky +4
13.  Coastal Carolina +2
14. Ole Miss  +3
15. Notre Dame -1
16. BYU -6
17. Wake Forest  +2
18. Florida  +2
19. Arizona State +3
20. Arkansas -7
21 Texas A&M  NR
22. NC State  +1
23. SMU  +a
24. Auburn -6
25. San Diego State +1

OUT - Texas 

• MotownWebGuy changed the title to Michigan @ Nebraska - 10/9/21

remaining schedule:

northwestern: win

at sparty: toss up

indiana: win

at penn state: likely loss

at maryland: likely win

ohio state: loss

the one game i cant see them winning is - of course - ohio state.  a loss to maryland or michigan state would surprise me a bit, but not stun me.  both on the road.  a penn state win would surprise me, but its not impossible with doofus running penn state.

if i were a betting man, i'd say the most likely outcome is still 9-3 and playing florida again in some bowl game.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

remaining schedule:

northwestern: win

at sparty: toss up

indiana: win

at penn state: likely loss

at maryland: likely win

ohio state: loss

the one game i cant see them winning is - of course - ohio state.  a loss to maryland or michigan state would surprise me a bit, but not stun me.  both on the road.  a penn state win would surprise me, but its not impossible with doofus running penn state.

if i were a betting man, i'd say the most likely outcome is still 9-3 and playing florida again in some bowl game.

So you had them 9-3 before the season?

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

State has an emotional advantage?

Yes, they always do.  Every year.   They still feed off that vibe that Dantonio started of them being disrespected compared to Michigan and it has given them an edge over the years.   Not every year, but more often than not.   It just means more to them and I still don't think Michigan truly respects them as a rival.    Look at last year's game.  Michigan was a heavy favorite and they were sleepwalking into that game and Mel Tucker showed up in Ann Arbor and his team punched the Wolverines right in the mouth and Michigan had no response to it.  

Its going to be an interesting game and I don't think I'll be able to watch it live because it might kill me.   I'm emotionally invested for sure.  State having a good offense is scary. 

We've overcome a couple of tough roadies.  Nebraska had their backs up against the wall.   We took over Jump Around in Wisconsin.  What that means for State?  It means we are better on the road than we've been.   That's all. 

Godspeed Jim Harbaugh and coaches to get us a game plan for this year.