Michigan @ Nebraska - 10/9/21

29 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I don’t disagree. But split against MSU-Penn State, win the other 3 like they should, go into Ohio St game 10-1, lose, and get sent to a 50/50 bowl game. A 10 or 11 win season is at the upper range of what Michigan fans should expect and if Harbaugh does that as often or not the admin will be happy, IMO (of course his next 11 win season at Michigan will be his first 11 win season at Michigan). 

TBH - That would be more than any M fan had a reasonable expectation for this season.

30 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I don’t disagree. But split against MSU-Penn State, win the other 3 like they should, go into Ohio St game 10-1, lose, and get sent to a 50/50 bowl game. A 10 or 11 win season is at the upper range of what Michigan fans should expect and if Harbaugh does that as often or not the admin will be happy, IMO (of course his next 11 win season at Michigan will be his first 11 win season at Michigan). 

if michigan wins 10 games this year it will be a MASSIVE success.

Lynn Henning has Mel Tucker shipped off to LSU in his last column, but he says MSU fans shouldn't worry because MSU is bound to hire another coach just as good. OK Lynn!

Tucker, whose ninth-ranked Spartans are readying for an Oct. 30 fistfight with No. 6 Michigan, could be the man Louisiana State is preparing to chase as its next head coach following a split with Ed Orgeron.

MSU will fret but should not quake at potentially losing Tucker in a repeat of the 1999 drama that sent former Spartans coach Nick Saban to Baton Rouge.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2021/10/18/as-talk-mel-tucker-lsu-heats-up-msu-should-not-panic/8510234002/

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Lynn Henning has Mel Tucker shipped off to LSU in his last column, but he says MSU fans shouldn't worry because MSU is bound to hire another coach just as good. OK Lynn!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2021/10/18/as-talk-mel-tucker-lsu-heats-up-msu-should-not-panic/8510234002/

He'd be crazy not to take that payout.   

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

tucker should leave now before they play michigan, ohio state, and penn state.

12 minutes ago, buddha said:

The MSU job has become the battle of the mortgage company billionaires.  

CFB has really taken a turn toward the swamp.  Or, maybe it was always a swamp and now the lights are on. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, buddha said:

Haven't seen any clarity on when Clifford comes back for PSU, one story said maybe for OSU. I've sort of got a feel for what M is, haven't watched MSU so have zero idea what they are. On paper it looks like two teams close enough that you'd just pick the home team. Obviously M has potential to surprise on the upside if they throw the ball well, but potential is all it is.

Edited by gehringer_2

This MSU game is the one I've been pointing to since last year. I have enjoyed watching them .. I have rooted .. but I have not allowed myself to get excited about this team until I see if they can beat Sparty. If they can't, I would not be upset if Harbaugh were fired @ the end of the season.

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Haven't seen any clarity on when Clifford comes back for PSU, one story said maybe for OSU. I've sort of got a feel for what M is, haven't watched MSU so have zero idea what they are. On paper it looks like two teams close enough that you'd just pick the home team. Obviously M has potential to surprise on the upside if they throw the ball well, but potential is all it is.

indiana and nebraska both severely outplayed michigan state.

this is a rivalry game, so throw it all out the window.  and the transitive property doesnt work in college football, but michigan has been the more impressive team this season.

just beat northwestern, then we can worry about msu.

12 minutes ago, buddha said:

this is a rivalry game,

Do you think the rivalry stuff still holds as much with half your starters coming through the portal from year to year? I wonder if between NIL income, transfers, etc.,  NCAAF going to become professionalized to where few players have any particular tie to their teams and rivalries become things that fans and sportwriters carry on about but that the players just see as just one more game on their resume.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Do you think the rivalry stuff still holds as much with half your starters coming through the portal from year to year? I wonder if between NIL income, transfers, etc.,  NCAAF going to become professionalized to where few players have any particular tie to their teams and rivalries become things that fans and sportwriters carry on about but that the players just see as just one more game on their resume.

i dont think so.  ohio state is one of the most professional teams in college football, to the point where justin fields admitted he'd never actually been on campus, and they always get up for michigan.  

theyre still kids and stuff like that still matters to most of them.  i have no knowledge if thats actually true, but it seems like it to me.