SCOTUS and whatnot

pfife

I'm countering that Republicans are the ones who ended Roe and blaming Democrats is akin to she was asking for it. I'm also arguing that this circle firing squad on Democrats by Democrats will lead to Republicans taking over and further backsliding the US. The focus should be on getting Democrats elected in the states I mentioned who have been on record as supporting an end to the filibuster instead of attacking Democrats for what Republicans did to Roe. 

9 minutes ago, pfife said:

Aside from all of the ideological stuff..... and I love me some Nancy.... I rocked her as my avatar for many years on this forum.   But I think the game is really passed her and schumer by.   It really has.   I respect the shit out of her, I think it's great to see that she got that bill passed but the job only includes that, it's not only that.   This is like a multi-media PR hyperspeed job now and it really seems like the Democrats are severally outmanuevered on this front by the GOP all the time.     I do think it's generational  

the Jan 6 hearings are the first time they've come close to being on the same level

ETA:  I think they had a fundamental assumption things would be "normal" after Trump and it's not and it's a different fight now and they're outmatched.

hadn't she already promised to step down from the Speakership after last term? For a while it seemed she was at least putting some younger Reps out there as spokespeople but it seems like it's back to her and Hoyer.

It is a bad look in terms of the party's wider appeal.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

hadn't she already promised to step down from the Speakership after last term? For a while it seemed she was at least putting some younger Reps out there as spokespeople but it seems like it's back to her and Hoyer.

I think she said this is her last term as speaker. I can't wait for a progressive to become speaker and come up with hit slogans such as defund the police and then blame Pelosi and Schumer. 

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think that promise has been made several times.   TBF they keep electing her so its a caucus issue

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I also don't see Pelosi getting credit for playing McCarthy and getting this J6 committee and two conservatives to serve on the committee. 

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

I think that promise has been made several times.   TBF they keep electing her so its a caucus issue

yeah - the 'problem' is that she still runs the best operation on the Hill. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah I'm the one with the AR15 when I still haven't gotten a straight answer on how Biden, Schumer and Pelosi are to blame for the Republicans overturning Roe. Best I got was Pelosi endorsing one representative and Biden making a comment of McConnell being reasonable. 

No you're not to blame but you're in the firing squad with the rest of the firing squad and you fire a lot.  I am as well. 

I think there's a difference between the operations Republicans run and Democrats run. What is the last piece of major legislation the Republicans passed? All the Republicans are for are judges and tax breaks. The Democrats are for passing actual legislation. It seems like we all forgot McConnell's failure in repealing Obamacare. I guess if you look at the operation as confirming judges and legislating from the bench because your ideas are so unpopular, I guess McConnell runs a better operation. It's also easier when your only base are white males vs Democrats who have to represent everyone else and different needs.