2021/22 Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

Figured I would drop this here after he did the same to Larkin.  How is the NHL just letting him do this without even a penalty?

I wonder. Do you suppose it's because the league is so over-expanded with respect to the talent base feeding it that the only way to establish even a reasonable facsimile of parity across the league is to allow players to remain who make their living by abusing the other teams players instead of playing a skilled game?

Edited by gehringer_2

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder. Do you suppose it's because the league is so over-expanded with respect to the talent base feeding it that the only way to establish even a reasonable facsimile of parity across the league is to allow players to remain who make their living by abusing other the other teams players instead of playing a skilled game?

I honestly have no clue what it is, I think it may be a mix of an old boys club and incompetence.  They're inconsistent on almost everything.

4 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I honestly have no clue what it is, I think it may be a mix of an old boys club and incompetence.  They're inconsistent on almost everything.

I guess it's true that there has always been a tension among Canadians themselves whether hockey is supposed to be a skill game or just WWE on skates.

Evander Kane, 21-game suspension for submitting fake vaccine card.   Because of course he'd do that.  He's going to be facing jail time (to go along with his upcoming domestic violence charges.   He's finished.  I can't see any team in either country taking a gamble on this clown now.    One of the most despicable people in sports.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

so just for the sake of argument let's say Edvinsson is becoming all his boosters say he is - could he be in Det by '22? '23?

he'll be here next year.  just like seider.  one year in sweden and then come over.

dekyser will be gone.  leddy will be gone.  staal will be gone.  they'll need defensemen.